Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Poker Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   3 folds from a 2-7 WCOOP satellite, am i weak-tight? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=457038)

Billy Bibbit 07-21-2007 05:04 PM

3 folds from a 2-7 WCOOP satellite, am i weak-tight?

I've been playing some of these WCOOP satellites, I've played a little 2-7 before which puts me far ahead of most of the field but I wouldn't say I really know what I'm doing. Villain in all three hands is only player at table who seems to have a clue, but I've seen him do some things that seem spewy like call a raise from the BB with 468, but what do I know, maybe that's correct?

Seat 1: Hero (3740 in chips)
Seat 2: Villain (1670 in chips)
Seat 4: Random (3260 in chips)
Seat 6: Random (330 in chips)
Random: posts small blind 100
random: posts big blind 200
*** DEALING HANDS ***
Dealt to Hero [T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
Hero: raises 200 to 400
Villain: raises 200 to 600
Random: folds
Hero: calls 200
*** FIRST DRAW ***
Hero: discards 2 cards [T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
Dealt to mcatdog [6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] [T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
Villain: discards 2 cards
Hero: checks
Villain: bets 200
*** SECOND DRAW ***
Hero: stands pat on [6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
Villain: discards 1 card
Hero: checks
Villain: bets 400
Hero: folds
Villain collected 1900 from pot

Seat 1: Hero (4540 in chips)
Seat 2: Villain (1970 in chips)
Seat 4: Random (2490 in chips)
Random: posts small blind 100
Hero: posts big blind 200
*** DEALING HANDS ***
Dealt to Hero [3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
Villain: raises 200 to 400
*** FIRST DRAW ***
Hero: discards 1 card [T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
Dealt to Hero [3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] [4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
Hero: bets 200
Villain: calls 200
*** SECOND DRAW ***
Hero: stands pat on [3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
Hero: bets 400
Villain: raises 400 to 800
Villain collected 2100 from pot

Seat 1: Hero (4730 in chips)
Seat 2: Villain (4270 in chips)
Hero: posts small blind 150
Villain: posts big blind 300
*** DEALING HANDS ***
Dealt to Hero [K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
Hero: raises 300 to 600
Villain: raises 300 to 900
Hero: raises 300 to 1200
Betting is capped
Villain: calls 300
*** FIRST DRAW ***
Hero: discards 1 card [K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
Dealt to mcatdog [8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] [5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
Villain: bets 300
Hero: calls 300
*** SECOND DRAW ***
Villain: stands pat
Hero: discards 1 card [5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
Dealt to Hero [8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] [Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
Villain: bets 600
Villain collected 3000 from pot

2461Badugi 07-21-2007 05:10 PM

Re: 3 folds from a 2-7 WCOOP satellite, am i weak-tight?

The second hand I would check-call rather than bet-folding. The others are fine.

Hexadecimal 07-21-2007 06:57 PM

At the risk of repeating some of what Badugi said, folds 1 and 3 were okay. The 2nd hand, as played, I would have flat called the raise after the 2nd draw, stood pat on the 3rd draw, then check-called the last round. That bet into a pat hand means possibly two things (not mutually exclusive): 1.) he's made a pat hand, 2.) he's trying to induce you to break a better pat hand, because he's rough, or is pat with a 9, etc. This of course will depend on your read of how he tends to play. If he's showing down a lot of 9s and Ts (and sometimes worse) when he's making a raise in that spot, it's possible he's trying to get you to break better hands.

2461Badugi 07-21-2007 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The second hand I would check-call rather than bet-folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

I misread the hand and thought the bf was on the end. On third, I think you have to bet-call and call down.

DeathDonkey 07-22-2007 12:28 AM

Hand 1 is clearly awful, he check/calls then goes pat against a guy drawing two and checks to the guy.

Hand 3 I don't go crazy and toss the 8 on the first draw.

-DeathDonkey

2461Badugi 07-22-2007 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1 is clearly awful, he check/calls then goes pat against a guy drawing two and checks to the guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sigh, I missed that too. OP, use the converter next time please.