Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   turn spot (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=491118)

ship it pls 09-01-2007 12:55 AM

turn spot

canterbury 30-60,

utg 2bets, hero calls KhJh, button calls and all others fold - table had tendancy to overcall single raises frequently prior to this hand is why i flat called...

flop: Jc 5d 2s

utg checks, hero bets, button calls, utg calls...

turn: 9d

utg checks, hero bets, button folds, utg c/raises now... hero?

utg is is loose agg preflop, havent seen him show down anything but big hands though...

button is loose passive preflop, straight forward post flop...

ignore preflop play for the purpose of this post please... i am mostly curious on 3-bet vs call down vs fold... opinions/inputs would be appreciated

andyfox 09-01-2007 01:09 AM

Re: turn spot

Most mid-limit players would continue to bet on the turn if they picked up a flush or straight draw. A check-raise here is more indicative of a big hand.

I know you didn't want to discuss the pre-flop cold-call, but K-J makes a second-best hand a lot, suited-schmooted.

I'd be more inclined to call down in a bigger game.

Jeffage 09-01-2007 01:17 AM

This is such a standard preflop fold in my mind. But ok, we can't talk about that.

As played - why would UTG check that flop after raising pre and having just two opponents? And why would he then checkraise the turn? Probably bc he flopped a set of jacks or fives. If he was weak tight (which you indicated he isn't) he could have turned a set of 9's. AA or KK bets the flop. What do you beat exactly that plays like this?

Jeff

MitchL 09-01-2007 01:30 AM

I think this is a fold against all but the spazziest of opponents.

vmacosta 09-01-2007 04:34 AM

His line is real weird....minimizes value and maximizes FE...I think I call down.

StrictlyStrategy 09-01-2007 05:11 AM

People take this line a lot with overpairs and sets.

PokerBob 09-01-2007 05:46 AM

fold preflop.

ship it pls 09-01-2007 10:49 AM

its such a strange line that i often want to call down here, because i dont see overpairs pull this oop, so my thoughts were that he picked up some draw, has an underpair, or set - and a lot of the options i am ahead of... if button calls my turn bet i definitely fold to the c/r here, but KdQd or some out of line play seems too plausible to me... it was a very dry flop and he could easily think i have A-high and his 88 is good - if i have AhJh does my play change? i agree with vma, the line doesnt make much sense - it seems as though he was trying to push me off a hand...

ackid 09-01-2007 11:25 AM

Looks like a pretty clear fold to me.

I dont think he's making a play here. What hand does he raise turn with here that we beat. Would he play AK [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]'s this way?

and you know about pf already.

elindauer 09-01-2007 12:16 PM

Definitely don't fold, as a loose and aggressive player can easily show you a turned draw. Almost nothing makes sense except JJ or perhaps aces, make him show you those!

Call down. I'd prefer a 3-bet to a fold though.

-eric