Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Another Live 10/25 @ the Rio... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=430691)

Lefort 06-19-2007 04:35 AM

Another Live 10/25 @ the Rio...

So table is 6-handed. Three nits in holes 1,2,3, a Swedish kid in 4 who seems like a real aggro online player, me in 5, and some dude in 6. I've only been at the table a half hour and haven't played many hands, but seat 2 and 3 are older guys and they're talking about how the Swede is crazy annoying and opens and re-raises alot as if he's bad.. like "zomg he re-raised a weak Ace wtf? he's bad!" but you can tell they're just generally annoyed.. So I haven't played a whole lot at all until I raise a few hands in a row taking down the blinds.

Now I raise 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in the CO to $100, SB (2-seat) calls, BB (3-seat) calls.

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Check, check, I bet $250, SB calls, BB folds.

Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Check, I bet $700, he check-raises to $1800 and has $2600 behind after the check-raise...

HERO...?

*DISCLAIMER* Sorry if this hand is stupid standard easy but mixing these donkaments with deep full ring after playing so much online 6max combined with running bad has really really messed up my head lately..

Cumulonimbus 06-19-2007 04:50 AM

Re: Another Live 10/25 @ the Rio...

i could see a nit doing this with a set and waiting for a safe turn card. also there's A5, and he could even be getting all excited with a combo draw.. who knows. So yeah, shove all day.

ahnuld 06-19-2007 04:58 AM

ppl play so weird live. This is the nuts as often as a set or 2 pair. I cant see folding this shallow.

06-19-2007 05:00 AM

shove or call

Bill King 06-19-2007 05:34 AM

LOL

this is probably a semi-bluff like every time unless he has the nuts. him having the AdAh is not totally out of the question.. but a set is.

definitly getting the money in here.. i could possibly fold a set, but not this hand.

Ansky 06-19-2007 06:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL

this is probably a semi-bluff like every time unless he has the nuts. him having the AdAh is not totally out of the question.. but a set is.

definitly getting the money in here.. i could possibly fold a set, but not this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man what the hell are u talking about

set is WAY more likely than AA here.

RiverHebrew2 06-19-2007 10:00 AM

EZ fold vs nits IMO...

Lefort 06-19-2007 02:20 PM

Like I don't know if its because I'm running bad and my mind is skewed or what, but like at the time it was soooo obvious that he had a flush.

But I said to myself "no, I guess he can have some other stuff or whatever and I know I'd be a pussy for not getting it in.."

Poker sucks.

Moonshine 06-19-2007 10:34 PM

sometimes i think people really underestimate just how much more strength the turn c/r implies live than it does online

NT! 06-20-2007 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

live nits don't semibluff on scary boards on the turn out of position.

ever.