Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   bankroll & suggestions for a loose/aggresive style of playing? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=547159)

All in Che 11-15-2007 08:40 PM

bankroll & suggestions for a loose/aggresive style of playing?

hi everyone, well basically we all know the general rule of thumb of having at least 20x buyins for stakes you play no limit holdem.

Now what is the right bankroll for play a loose/aggresive style? (I would guess this type of player will have more swings than normal)

Any advice on playing this kind of style (loose/aggresive) you guys can give me?

Also what are the pro's and con's of playing loose/aggresive no limit holdem?

(I am refering to no limit holdem cash ring games, not tournaments)

Thank you

OSUGreg1983 11-15-2007 08:51 PM

Re: bankroll & suggestions for a loose/aggresive style of playing?

I am in the same spot as you, but from my understanding LAG vs TAG has its main differences in prelop aggressiveness and hand selection. Postflop, its pretty much the same as TAG (im assuming here that you're attempting to cross compare a LAG BR requirement with that of TAG), hence the two styles are loose AGGRESSIVE and tight AGGRESSIVE. They are both very much aggressive styles of play.

In this respect, I think the bankroll requirement is still the same...20-30 BI's.

I also would be interested to hear some veteran opinions on this.

icheckraiseu 11-15-2007 09:15 PM

25 stacks if you play FR, 40 if you play SH - for variance purposes.
but thats only my style, and i am pretty conservative. Dont like to move down the limits if i manage somehow to lose more then 6 stacks in a row.

Profish2285 11-15-2007 09:27 PM

How laggy do you play? Obviously that makes a difference because if youre pushing alot than you will be encountering a ton more variance than someone who plays tag. While a good tag will play semi similar to a lag post flop, the pre flop decisions definitely make a big difference. I like to have 30+ buy ins to move up, but I dont follow that too strictly either depending on how things are going for me. If I am on a heater and have at least 20 buy ins I am much more likely to move up. Btw, I play at like 17/15 right now so I play fairly tight and like having that big cushion usually anyway.

All in Che 11-15-2007 09:42 PM

ok, what hands normaly will a loose/aggresive player play preflop that a tight/aggresive player usually will fold?
for ex. what hands do lag players usually call preflop raises with and limp with regardless of position?

ThaHero 11-15-2007 10:11 PM

I dunno if you're just practicing laggy play before moving up or what, but at 50nl and lower I would just play tag.