Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   College Football Week 12 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=547185)

JaredL 11-15-2007 09:13 PM

College Football Week 12

First big game is Oregon at Arizona this week. Arizona is much better than they usually are and I don't know a duck fan that isn't extremely nervous about this game. Both teams got last week off so there is no short week issue. Hopefully the game will be over by half-time and on paper Oregon should win comfortably but I'm still pretty nervous.

Also F ESPN for talking about Bonds and not running College Football Live.

edit to add other big games:
UH goes to Nevada tomorrow, that may be their toughest game yet. The only game among likely title-game contenders is Oklahoma at Texas Tech Saturday night. OSU and Michigan play for the Rose Bowl with OSU having an outside shot at the national title game. Kentucky at Georgia has SEC title implications.

bonds 11-15-2007 09:27 PM

Re: College Football Week 12

I know, I know, I could go look it up (and I will), but what's the big ABC Saturday Night game this week? Or are they running [censored] god [censored] [censored] NASCAR again?

Pinchot 11-15-2007 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know, I know, I could go look it up (and I will), but what's the big ABC Saturday Night game this week? Or are they running [censored] god [censored] [censored] NASCAR again?

[/ QUOTE ]

OU at Texas Tech

BobJoeJim 11-15-2007 09:34 PM

I'm an Oregon fan who's not nervous about this game. All the other Oregon fans I know keep telling me I should be, but for some reason I'm not. I'm nervous about playing at UCLA instead. I don't know, I can't rationalize it, I realize I probably should be nervous and all. I'm just... not.

damaniac 11-15-2007 09:35 PM

I miss when this week was Rivalry Week. Seems like everyone moved after Thanksgiving but the Big Ten. Annoying but OTOH it would kind of suck for a lot of students to have that game on Thanksgiving Weekend.

MyTurn2Raise 11-15-2007 09:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm an Oregon fan who's not nervous about this game. All the other Oregon fans I know keep telling me I should be, but for some reason I'm not. I'm nervous about playing at UCLA instead. I don't know, I can't rationalize it, I realize I probably should be nervous and all. I'm just... not.

[/ QUOTE ]

The best thing for the Ducks is the extra time between the last game and this

otherwise, this would be a classic letdown situation

it's enough where I'm not betting the game.

BobJoeJim 11-15-2007 09:55 PM

Yeah, the time off was key, both because it makes it less of a letdown situation and also because it gave Dixon more time to rest his knee.

Semi-related question, how real do you consider the "letdown game" effect to be in general? Have you ever seen a quantitative analysis of this particular bit of conventional wisdom that was worth the time it took to read?

ReDeYES88 11-15-2007 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm an Oregon fan who's not nervous about this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm an Oregon fan who's nervous about EVERY game. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

BobJoeJim 11-15-2007 10:04 PM

I don't care what he's done in the NFL, I still love Joey.

BobJoeJim 11-15-2007 10:05 PM

Also, have I mentioned how much I love Jonathan Stewart?