Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Two pair in the Big Blind... line evaluation (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=451740)

synbad13 07-15-2007 04:06 PM

Two pair in the Big Blind... line evaluation

SB was a 75/25/2
Button was 22/14/1.5

Full Tilt 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

River: (7.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB folds.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

So my plan was to raise 2 players on the turn, but when 75VPIP bet out, I figured I would wait till the turn to raise (which feels really bad when I think about it now).

yourface 07-15-2007 04:08 PM

Re: Two pair in the Big Blind... line evaluation

you really really really need to c/r the flop

Verde 07-15-2007 04:29 PM

Yea this is not a spot where you would want to wait until the turn to c/r.
As played when SB donks the turn you should raise him too.

Saikkonen 07-15-2007 04:32 PM

There is no need to wait untill the turn. Our two opponent have shown interest already and a raise will get us at least 2 sb right now when we are ahead.
I would raise the turn aswell here.

Q2 is a good hand on this flop but very vulnerable as if the board pairs we will at most hope to break even with Qx. And Qx is a hand which will pay us off heavily. So get the money in there.

jstill 07-15-2007 04:43 PM

ewww this is so ugly

just aside from everything else about the weakness of ur hand, how the turn gives Qx 3 more outs, the immediate value u pass up on the flop that is tough to make up for on the turn unless everything works out perfectly ect ect u miss so much value not cr'ing this flop and letting TPGK 3bet so then u can put in more bets later in the hand somehow with confidence in the EV of the play, whereas if u cr the turn and get 3bet ur probably screwed (and even if u get called they ll have 9 outs maybe 13 depending on the turn card whereas on the flop they only have 6). get money in good while u can and while u feel good about the money going in.

mvoss 07-15-2007 05:26 PM

I think preflop is a fold. Given that you didn't I think you have to c/r the flop, you have the best hand here a lot, but it's very vulnerable. Given that you didn't I think you have to raise the turn for the same reasons as on the flop. The only street I like is the river which is a standard value bet.

sethypooh21 07-15-2007 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think preflop is a fold. Given that you didn't I think you have to c/r the flop, you have the best hand here a lot, but it's very vulnerable. Given that you didn't I think you have to raise the turn for the same reasons as on the flop. The only street I like is the river which is a standard value bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

What he said.

jstill 07-15-2007 06:42 PM

I dont fold this pre... leak (what do u call with here sethy and mvoss)? do u call if we switch villains stats or did it have nothing at all to do with this?

NinaWilliams 07-15-2007 07:33 PM

Wow I always call this preflop with sb in, but this is one of the weakest hands I call with. I agree with what everyone has said about postflop.

sethypooh21 07-15-2007 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont fold this pre... leak (what do u call with here sethy and mvoss)? do u call if we switch villains stats or did it have nothing at all to do with this?

[/ QUOTE ]

About Q6s, vs. either villain. The only hands with a deuce that I tend to call are A2, 32s and 22.