Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   They're out to get me - Monotone flop (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=392463)

tessarji 04-30-2007 10:59 PM

They\'re out to get me - Monotone flop

Most of the interest in this hand comes from the two villains.

Commerce 20/40:

To my left is a 50s Asian guy. He plays 75% of his hands. He raises very rarely. The first hand we played together, I flopped a OESD and bluffed him on the river when I missed. I then showed him my 6 high.

Since then, he has played in and lost I believe about 35 pots in a row. He has the luck of a destitute leprechaun sitting under a ladder on the 13th floor, staring into a broken mirror contemplating suicide. Every time we are alone in a hand together, he has called down on every street Unto The Very Showdown. I have not bluffed again since that first hand.

He's not good but not a moron.

To his left is an irrelevant player.

To his left is a middle aged Russian(?) dude who steamed his way through two racks by playing almost every hand, then steamed his way up five racks by playing literally every hand. He has progressed steadily from loose passive to somewhat LAG to full blown mouth frothing maniac, which is convenient for him because it seems there are no two cards for him that don't connect. His hobbies are calling two bets cold on the turn with gutshot draws and saying random hands that he doesn't have when anyone calls him on the river.

He's killing the table, except for me. For some reason his idjit mojo doesn't work on me, and he incredibly misses every suckout whenever I'm in the hand. This INFURIATES him. Therefore, he has taken to calling me down every hand Unto The Very Showdown with hands like, in one instance, Q high. He likes to bet every time he is checked to on every street. Like many players of this profile he gets nervous on the turn if he hasn't made a hand yet, but that doesn't mean he won't call. I'm the only one he hasn't give an awful beat to yet and therefore I am not his friend.

-----

Villain 1 limps UTG, and Villain 2 raises. I call on BB with the ridiculous 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] because I expect to get paid all the way with any pair. 3 men to the flop.

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Obviously there are a variety of tactics here. Submit your preferred line?

blindside 04-30-2007 11:05 PM

Re: They\'re out to get me - Monotone flop

bet and strap in your seat belt...

AragornX151 05-01-2007 12:08 AM

I definitely lead here, as a free card is catastrophic and you can expect to get called by a lot worse. If you're raised, I like just calling and a leading a safe turn.

tessarji 05-01-2007 01:32 PM

Can you really say a free card is catastrophic in a 3BB pot?

RudeboyOi 05-01-2007 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I flopped a OESD and bluffed him on the river when I missed. I then showed him my 6 high. he has called down on every street Unto The Very Showdown.

[/ QUOTE ][ QUOTE ]

He likes to bet every time he is checked to on every street. Like many players of this profile he gets nervous on the turn if he hasn't made a hand yet, but that doesn't mean he won't call.

[/ QUOTE ]

c/r flop and lead nonspade turn