Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   2/4 hand vs ikestoys (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=558053)

STA654 11-30-2007 10:11 PM

Re: 2/4 hand vs ikestoys

Hmm...

ikestoys 3 betting range (just guessing from his preflop stats): AA, KK, QQ, JJ, TT, 99, AK, AQ, AJ, KQ, KJ

Flop: he could be betting with any of his PF range.

Turn: I think he would check with anything except JJ here. Maybe he was going for the C/R with AA, KK, QQ, 99, AQ, or KQ. Maybe he has just given up with AK, AJ, KJ.

to pokerstove we go...

TT vs range has 60% equity (WTF, though it would be lower), so call.

aislephive 11-30-2007 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Aislephive,

Please don't be a little bitch. If you disagree with what I say then say so. No need for that crap. That is all.

[/ QUOTE ]

How can bet/folding the turn possibly be good? Seriously. You're not getting called by worse that often, villain may bluff shove (doubtful but possible) over our bet. You're betting for no reason other than to protect against a hand that his 6 outs. That my friend is a bad bet.

[ QUOTE ]
what's ironic is that sort of style of posting is supposedly aislphive's biggest pet peeve

[/ QUOTE ]

No it's not. My pet peeve is you making random comments directed at me in a douchey manner, like the one above.

cbboy 11-30-2007 10:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hmm...

ikestoys 3 betting range (just guessing from his preflop stats): AA, KK, QQ, JJ, TT, 99, AK, AQ, AJ, KQ, KJ

Turn: I think he would check with anything except JJ here. Maybe he was going for the C/R with AA, KK, QQ, 99, AQ, or KQ. Maybe he has just given up with AK, AJ, KJ.

to pokerstove we go...

[/ QUOTE ]

I have never played with him, but I GUARANTEE that his 3-betting range is wider than that...

Parlay Slow 11-30-2007 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Aislephive,

Please don't be a little bitch. If you disagree with what I say then say so. No need for that crap. That is all.

[/ QUOTE ]

How can bet/folding the turn possibly be good? Seriously. You're not getting called by worse that often, villain may bluff shove (doubtful but possible) over our bet. You're betting for no reason other than to protect against a hand that his 6 outs. That my friend is a bad bet.

[ QUOTE ]
what's ironic is that sort of style of posting is supposedly aislphive's biggest pet peeve

[/ QUOTE ]

No it's not. My pet peeve is you making random comments directed at me in a douchey manner, like the one above.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I'm flattered that I'm important enough in your life to be your biggest pet peeve.

aislephive 11-30-2007 10:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Aislephive,

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I'm flattered that I'm important enough in your life to be your biggest pet peeve.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

STA654 11-30-2007 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hmm...

to pokerstove we go...

[/ QUOTE ]

I have never played with him, but I GUARANTEE that his 3-betting range is wider than that...

[/ QUOTE ]
I guess that makes calling an even better option then.

pdoran10 11-30-2007 10:47 PM

wow lots of pointless drama in this thread. im gonna go ahead and agree with what hotbacon said and fold without having history. the river bet looks so so much like valuetown that i think he would need to have some history of making smallish bets against you for you to call profitably here.

cbboy 11-30-2007 10:55 PM

Also, I never said, but I think this is a fold. You are getting value towned often like hotbacon, pdoran, et al said.

hotbacon 11-30-2007 11:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hmm...

to pokerstove we go...

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I guess that makes calling an even better option then.

[/ QUOTE ]
stop thinking so much based on stats and pf.

RiverHebrew2 11-30-2007 11:34 PM

Bad riv for him to bluff because he would assume that since you're calling the flop, that you have a pair IMO (or you woulda bet the turn probably if it was a float/semibluff). Therefore, he prob puts y on something like 77, 88, or TT, and is stickin in a vbet here. I might 4bet preflop with this hand, since he could certainly be on a squeeze.