Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Trouble with UTG raisers having small pairs (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=115600)

ActionFreak 05-17-2006 03:43 PM

Trouble with UTG raisers having small pairs

I am having trouble lately with early position raisers having small pocket pairs in Party full ring games. Either I am in Early/Middle position with AK or I smooth call with AA from late position to try to win a big pot off of KK or QQ. It is so difficult to put them on a set when the board comes with all low cards. Any thoughts on this? Should I reraise QQ+, AK if I am having a hard time getting away from this? Is this just a play that I have to pay off an unknown when they hit it? This has probably happened 3 times in the last 3 weeks against players I didn't have notes on. I am thinking that I should put in a reraise against unknown players with a high raise percentage. Thoughts?

HedonismBot 05-17-2006 03:48 PM

Re: Trouble with UTG raisers having small pairs

Yes, reraise preflop

AZK 05-17-2006 03:49 PM

christ.

LondonBroil 05-17-2006 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
christ.

[/ QUOTE ]

I chuckled [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

MDMA 05-17-2006 05:20 PM

*Waiting for El D's answer to get a good laugh*

Finwe 05-17-2006 05:38 PM

Don't let short term results fool you. Keep playing your solid game. Players who raise low pocket pairs preflop will certainly go broke in the long run. Sometimes you can reraise with AA preflop, but frankly you're giving up too much money by not trapping them. Good post.

Regards,

Fin

AZK 05-17-2006 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't let short term results fool you. Keep playing your solid game. Players who raise low pocket pairs preflop will certainly go broke in the long run. Sometimes you can reraise with AA preflop, but frankly you're giving up too much money by not trapping them. Good post.

Regards,

Fin

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL.

fslexcduck 05-17-2006 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Regards,

Fin

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm 73% sure that post was sarcastic.

ActionFreak 05-17-2006 06:12 PM

So in a full 10 handed game and there is a 4x raise UTG or UTG+1 you reraise everytime from the button w/ AA when it is folded around to you?

If not, it is easy for you to get away on a 7 high flop?

Do you specifically see people raising a lot with small pocket pairs in full ring games on party from UTG?

05-17-2006 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Regards,

Fin

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm 73% sure that post was sarcastic.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm 85% sure that you're wrong.