Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Full Ring (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Quick VpiP question (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=466421)

ofdabeat 08-01-2007 10:15 AM

Quick VpiP question

Hello everyone,

I'm currently playing a profitable but nitty 12/9 game, I'm looking to open up a bit let's say up to 14/10 for a start.

What kind of hand are wise to add? suited one-gap in LP ? more MP SC openings? basically i feel some regulars start to respect my pf raises a bit too much.

I sometime raise light in EP ( SC and low pairs ) should I switch ( it's marginally profitable in my database ) for more MP/LP openings? More cold calling with speculatives hands?

thanks in advance

Teddie 08-01-2007 10:18 AM

Re: Quick VpiP question

what limit?

da_fume 08-01-2007 10:21 AM

The best way to up your stats is to play position more. Call raises and raise limpers from LP, the kind of hands you mentioned work well for this. Try to steal when the opportunity looks good (this doesn't require any cards). I would suggest to keep your strat the same from EP but to try and increase VP$IP from LP.

O0Brian0O 08-01-2007 10:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would suggest to keep your strat the same from EP but to try and increase VP$IP from LP.

[/ QUOTE ]

xxrod17xx 08-01-2007 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The best way to up your stats is to play position more. Call raises and raise limpers from LP, the kind of hands you mentioned work well for this. Try to steal when the opportunity looks good (this doesn't require any cards). I would suggest to keep your strat the same from EP but to try and increase VP$IP from LP.

[/ QUOTE ]

dido...you dont have to add more hands to your computerized starting hands requirements. Play more in position and look for stealing attempts against weak opps in the blinds.

Landlord79 08-01-2007 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Call raises and raise limpers from LP, the kind of hands you mentioned work well for this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Take that advice w/ a grain of salt. Calling raises is generally a bad strategy unless you plan on floating alot. You really want to be able to put the villain on a tight range and you want a multiway hand to do this.

Landlord79 08-01-2007 11:21 AM

If you're calling raises, look for opponents who are straight-forward, check a missed flop w/ overs, never fire a 2nd bullet w/ air and are very easy to manipulate.

mce86 08-01-2007 11:25 AM

The key is your playing profitable poker! Not many can say that. Keep it up!
If you're gonna start adding hands, lets add on the button first. Look at your position stats, and see if you can play where your button's VPIP is about 20%. Dont worry about making drastic changes, look to change one thing at a time, and if it works, add it to your repertoire.