Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   What is your opinion on this (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=382638)

Bruce D 04-19-2007 04:29 AM

What is your opinion on this

Villian is 48/0/0.58 over 170 hands. My reads up to this point are that he obviously likes to limp. He loves to slowplay his trips/sets to the river. I only once saw him overplay an big pp on the river when the board was paired. He ended up capping the river and losing to a FH. I wasn't sure if he thought he had the best hand or if he was on tilt for not raising preflop?? I doubt it. 0% pfr. But I have never seen him bluff, and everytime other than the pp incident, his raises have meant a seriously strong hand. He has never raised the flop and actually rarely bets it. All his raises come on the big streets.

PokerStars 0.10/0.20 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG :#A500AF(villian)/ calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG :#A500AF(villian)/ calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, villian checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB folds, villian calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, villian checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">villian raises</font>, Hero

FatedEquity 04-19-2007 04:56 AM

Re: What is your opinion on this

An opponent who virtually never bluffs check-raises a protected pot on the turn. You are getting ~10-1, but with SB left behind coupled with dubious effective odds on a calldown, I drop it.

Saikkonen 04-19-2007 04:57 AM

A passive player checkraising 2 players on a scary board like this gotta mean something. I think you can fold. If he had been a more TAG player I coould actually reraise this.

I think a call is the worst you can do if you play. If you play reraise and fold to any further aggression.
But against this player I would fold.

aargh57 04-19-2007 09:22 AM

I call. Yeah, he could have a flush or trips but I think he could also have 2 pair or top pair. There's 9.5 bb in the pot now so you don't even need 5 outs to call if you're behind and we're not always behind (although it's a good possibility given your read.) If Villains got 2 pair you've got 8 outs. I think that this is a pretty easy call just because your hand is still very strong even vs Mr. passive.

aargh57 04-19-2007 09:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I think a call is the worst you can do if you play. If you play reraise and fold to any further aggression.
But against this player I would fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with this. Why raise/fold when call call lets you see SD for the same price.

BigBadBabar 04-19-2007 09:28 AM

for one more i call and i probably call a nonspade river. i would be happy if the river weren't a queen also.