Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   KK, + dry pot + deepstack overcall (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=552614)

AceofSpades 11-23-2007 12:33 AM

KK, + dry pot + deepstack overcall

Poker Stars, $25 + $2.50 NL Hold'em Tournament, 800/1,600 Blinds, 8 Players

83 left, hero is in top ten or so
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

Hero (BTN): 104,090
SB: 23,915
BB: 50,583
UTG: 9,957
UTG+1: 7,260
MP1: 10,403
MP2: 36,793
CO: 19,871

Pre-Flop: (3,600) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BTN)
2 folds, <font color="red">MP1 raises to 10,253 and is All-In</font>, 2 folds, Hero calls 10,253, SB folds, BB calls 8,653

Flop: (32,759) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players - 1 is All-In)
BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: (32,759) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players - 1 is All-In)
<font color="red">BB bets 3,200</font>, Hero calls 3,200

River: (39,159) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players - 1 is All-In)
<font color="red">BB bets 11,200</font>, Hero folds

pricklypete 11-23-2007 01:05 AM

Re: KK, + dry pot + deepstack overcall

Bet the flop. As played, you're probably beat on the river but you still have a huge stack if you call. There's a chance he has KQ or AQ which I think is worth 11k more to call.

JesseB_11 11-23-2007 02:38 AM

Raise preflop. I might even min raise here to isolate. Bet flop as played.

chrismystero 11-23-2007 02:53 AM

Push preflop. No point minraising to isolate since your going to call either of the Blinds pushes anyways. This tough spot postflop could have been easily avoided.

JammyDodga 11-23-2007 06:46 AM

I think we are being a bit results orientated here guys. We aren't here to avoid tough spots, we are here to max EV.

I think the flat call pre was fine, we have a monster, and we will be in position against the blinds if they deciede to come along.

I think you should have led out on the flop though and then gone from there.

All_Inn_Aces 11-23-2007 08:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think we are being a bit results orientated here guys. We aren't here to avoid tough spots, we are here to max EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tough spots give you chances to make big mistakes, big mistakes are very -EV.

halpgr 11-23-2007 08:40 AM

That's a dangerous flop to be giving free cards. BB's range is pretty wide for a preflop overcall with the pot odds. You need to bet this flop. BB only has slightly more than a PSB in his stack on the flop so putting him all in on the flop wouldn't be bad.

JammyDodga 11-23-2007 08:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well don't make big mistakes then...?? If poker was easy, it would be harder to win.

I don't actually think seeing a flop with KK in position, when you hand is reasonably under repped is a particularly tough spot, but whatever...

auc hincloss 11-23-2007 08:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That's a dangerous flop to be giving free cards. BB's range is pretty wide for a preflop overcall with the pot odds. You need to bet this flop. BB only has slightly more than a PSB in his stack on the flop so putting him all in on the flop wouldn't be bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

^^^ nailed it. agree completely.

Rocco 11-23-2007 08:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well don't make big mistakes then...?? If poker was easy, it would be harder to win.

I don't actually think seeing a flop with KK in position, when you hand is reasonably under repped is a particularly tough spot, but whatever...

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree with Jammy here... What the hell is the matter with you people? How can you develop your poker skillz and maximize EV if your main goal is to avoid post-flop decisions? As Jammy said, we're in position and have the second best starting hand in Texas Hold'em. Geez!

OP, you have to bet the flop here, no doubt about it. As played, I'd fold to his river bet, he seems confident to have the best hand.