Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MOD DISCUSSION (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   How to handle this post (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=541152)

xorbie 11-08-2007 06:26 AM

How to handle this post

[ QUOTE ]

leggopoker dot com, the latest b side 3bet dot net

[/ QUOTE ]

Here in the MSNL monthly banter thread. Count as spam? New poster, but all the other posts I read where fine, including one in a MSNL strategy thread.

If it is spam, do I just delete? Warn the user? Warn other members of LP?

I normally would not worry so much but as a coach at 3bet.net I wouldn't want this to appear as if I was crushing the competition's advertising or some such sin.

Buzz 11-08-2007 07:07 AM

Re: How to handle this post

xorbie - Ignore it.

I hate those monthly "low content" threads. I rarely looked at them before becoming a moderator. If we had a trash forum as diebitter suggested (but Mason nixed), I'd send each monthly low content thread there and be done with it. However, as moderator I feel obligated to read the damned things - and then, feeling some responsibility for the forums I moderate, sometimes I respond.

Buzz

citanul 11-08-2007 11:50 AM

um, you have to trash it just like you have to trash spam for 3-bet.

also you should ban the guy for being yvesaint.

4_2_it 11-08-2007 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
um, you have to trash it just like you have to trash spam for 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep

[ QUOTE ]
also you should ban the guy for being yvesaint.

[/ QUOTE ]

Citanul for mod

bluefeet 11-08-2007 12:02 PM

isn't leggopoker tickner(sp)? same dude w/mod powers that is creating the converter?

4_2_it 11-08-2007 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

isn't leggopoker tickner(sp)? same dude w/mod powers that is creating the converter?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. However, since nothing is official I don't think lego gets any sort of special treatment for the time being.

citanul 11-08-2007 12:17 PM

sidenote: i trashed the yves account.

bluefeet 11-08-2007 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. However, since nothing is official I don't think lego gets any sort of special treatment for the time being.

[/ QUOTE ]

sure, just bringing that to the attention of someone that might not have known. i always assumed it was a solo project, i just found it odd that someone is pimping for him in a 'spammy' way - in light of the fact that tickner probably knows that we know who leggopoker is.

more to the point - maybe ask tickner 'sup?'

EMc 11-08-2007 01:45 PM

Ill AIM him. Based on knowing him I highly doubt that he is having people spam for him. Hell there is no reason, last I checked there were no ads on teh site.

Tickner 11-08-2007 03:30 PM

I knew nothing about this post before EMc brought it to my attention. By all means feel free to trash it, I've never been a fan of spamming and never will be. Really not sure who made that post but I'd be interested in finding that out.