Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   50NL: QQ in BB vs. raise and reraise (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=321127)

LMAO 02-01-2007 05:08 PM

50NL: QQ in BB vs. raise and reraise

Sb in this hand was 25/17 over 97 hands...

http://www.pokerhand.org/?786548

how was this played... fine/horribly?

holyfield5 02-01-2007 05:16 PM

Re: 50NL: QQ in BB vs. raise and reraise

reraise PF makes this so much easier

LMAO 02-01-2007 07:30 PM

true... but does it get the most value?

Waingro 02-01-2007 08:04 PM

Had you seen him 3bet before? How aggro is he postflop? Would he fire with AKo into a dry side pot? With normal aggression I´d call the flop and fold to a big turn bet. If villain doesn´t cb missed over on the flop you are not looking too good, 77-99 + KK/AA have you crushed, TT has ten outs and JJ six. The side pot is the key, unless you think he is maniac enough to keep fireing no matter what. Basically I think you hand over your stack to KK or AA with that flop raise.

Ikaika 02-01-2007 08:19 PM

Reraise PF would give you a lot better idea of what the other players have so you don't put a ton of money in the pot when you're behind. Value means nothing if he wins the hand.

Paul Thomson 02-01-2007 08:22 PM

gross flop...check it down.

Reraise preflop is probably better it looks like he's trying to isolate shorty with a medium pair or AJ which is why you should check the flop.

LMAO 02-01-2007 08:42 PM

hmm... everybody says raise pf but i thought that would be pretty bad at the time. perhaps i was wrong. Here's my reasoning;

he's obviously putting shorty AI... If i 4bet i will pretty much turn my cards up. he will fold every hand i beat and likely call with the ones that have me crushed kk & AA or could crush me on the flop; AK.I decided to see a flop and be done with the hand if an A or K came.

Now the flop is where my play is really suspect i think. It is really coordinated, I'm now beat by 77-99, flipping with TT and still losing to KK & AA.

I decided to reraise and fold to a push... this probably was a bad idea. but when he just call I decided my hand was probably good.

Waingro 02-01-2007 08:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I decided to reraise and fold to a push... this probably was a bad idea. but when he just call I decided my hand was probably good.

[/ QUOTE ]
Nothing wrong with calling pf. It is your above line that is flawed. You raise for information, which in itself is pretty horrible. It is fairly transparant so if I´m in villains shoes here with KK I just call and check to you on the turn. Yahtzee!

Paul Thomson 02-01-2007 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Nothing wrong with calling pf. It is your above line that is flawed. You raise for information, which in itself is pretty horrible. It is fairly transparant so if I´m in villains shoes here with KK I just call and check to you on the turn. Yahtzee!

[/ QUOTE ]

this makes NO sense. KK is almost no better on this board as QQ. Especially if hero called. If I had KK and was Villain I'd fold to our miniraise.

holyfield5 02-01-2007 09:30 PM

when you dont reraise PF you are letting him take control of the hand, you can no longer play your hand for value as an overpair.

You get folded out by a lot of hands you beat on many flops, reraising preflop makes the hand easier to play which is +EV.....or it takes the pot down there and gets you about as much as if you took it down with a donkbet/cbet on the flop in a raised pot, which is what happens most of the time. If he only calls you are pretty much good most of the time anyways as he will be playing a pure guessing game(like you are now).