Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   this would be a terrible call, right? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=545796)

schwza 11-14-2007 03:55 AM

this would be a terrible call, right?

Poker Stars, $5/$10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

UTG: $985
MP: $1,457.50
CO: $160
BTN: $864
Hero (SB): $983
BB: $1,004.75

Pre-Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $35</font>, MP calls $35, 2 folds, Hero calls $30, BB calls $25

Flop: ($140) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4 Players)
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP checks

Turn: ($140) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $100</font>, BB calls $100, <font color="red">UTG raises to $350</font>, hero?

main villain is festivuss. i have him at 16/14. he's a regular at 5/10 and 10/20 so presumably he's good. BB is loose and not that good, but he's not a total drooler.

i feel like festivuss has some kind of draw here very often (how often is he checking a good hand in a 4-way pot, even on a dry board?) so if i reraise i'm going to pick up the pot a big percentage of the time, right? except that would be crazy so i just folded. sometimes i would just c/f this turn, btw.

n2p 11-14-2007 11:26 AM

Re: this would be a terrible call, right?

I dont really like the turn bet and I fold to the raise. If he is raising a draw it is with a hand that has a lot of equity vs yours, and he can definitely have bigger made hands too.

JFsports 11-14-2007 11:28 AM

yes i think this would be a terrible call

Unarmed 11-14-2007 11:50 AM

People raise draws here close to never, but always get paid off by worse anyway. Just muck.

Go_Blue88 11-14-2007 11:51 AM

ha...

i dunno man, calling here will put you in a crazy spot on the river. and i know that's normally terrible reasoning, but assuming he fires another barrel regardless of what hits, you're gonna havta read his soul.

mbyvp 11-14-2007 11:54 AM

it woudlnt be an increbible call

schwza 11-14-2007 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
People raise draws here close to never, but always get paid off by worse anyway. Just muck.

[/ QUOTE ]

so you think he checks the flop 4-way with AA? (not rhetorical)

Unarmed 11-14-2007 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He has AA close to never.
TT/44/JJ/66/JT
Not many hands but who cares if he's never bluffing.

CopTHIS 11-14-2007 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He has AA close to never.
TT/44/JJ/66/JT
Not many hands but who cares if he's never bluffing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah totally. If villian has a draw he's getting good straight odds to go with position to just call, and from his point of view hero could very easily have a big hand.