Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2/4 Two Pair on 4 Flush Board (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=234318)

Gib 10-12-2006 08:17 AM

2/4 Two Pair on 4 Flush Board

I absolutely butchered this hand,

Umm, Raise PF?

I sort of froze up on the turn, basically I didn't want to be raised cause I knew I had to call.

Even after stuffing this hand up I have to call the river right?

villain - 48/25/4.5 ~ 30 hands

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (5.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero?

Nick C 10-12-2006 08:31 AM

Re: 2/4 Two Pair on 4 Flush Board

I know it's just 30 hands, but I think this guy has been way too loose and aggressive at the table so far for you to do anything but check-call the turn and river.

As long as you called the river, I think you played it all right.

TomBrooks 10-12-2006 08:54 AM

Flop: C/R'g the flop makes you lose more if there is a flush out and pads the pot so a flush draw has correct odds to call on the turn. If he has a FD, it's coming in 1/3 of the time so your going to lose more 1/3 of the time. At least you can make a call on a non flush card turn slightly incorrect.

Turn: Bet, call if raised and fold the riv UI or if you call, call the river I guess.

Gib 10-12-2006 11:49 PM

Just curious, does anyone raise PF here or is the complete fine?

gortster 10-13-2006 12:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just curious, does anyone raise PF here or is the complete fine?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd much rather play J-10s with multi-way action then heads up because I'm hoping to make straight or flush. any pair I make is very vulnerable. So I don't raise here because I want BB to see the flop, I want to flop flush/straight draw, and have lots of people to pay me off.

Nfinity 10-13-2006 12:32 AM

Unless you know BB is the kind of person to 3-bet very it will almost always be better to try and get this HU.

Point Blank 10-13-2006 01:23 AM

not grunching

pre flop ... I don't like when a guy with those stats open limps from UTG (it's either big or complete crap) ... so I don't think I would choose to raise here as if villian 3bet I would be out in left field ... against someone a little weaker I could see a 3bet here (if BB isn't likely to call)

on the turn: given the board and villian's stats, if we check this guy will pretty much bet anything, wouldn't he? (so checking here and on the river would be like inducing a bet, wouldn't it?) ...

I would call the river 100%, but I'm not sure if it's good

I don't know if I get a bet/fold line on the turn (villian could easily make a move ... which I would have to fold to ... I think I would prefer getting to showdown)