Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Sleeping at work (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=557311)

elwoodblues 11-30-2007 11:20 AM

Re: Sleeping at work

[ QUOTE ]
legally it was called the lactation room

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea what this means.

XXXNoahXXX 11-30-2007 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Some large companies/law firms/etc. will have a room where women who recently had children but are back at work can go and fill up bottles with their breast milk in comfort and privacy.

neuroman 11-30-2007 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think the bathroom is so dumb. I'm embarrassed to say this but years ago I used to go into the handicapped bathroom (unisex) and lay on the floor and set my phone alarm for a 10-15 minute snooze. I was just so tired I had to recharge and it was the best option.

[/ QUOTE ]

dude....nasty

[/ QUOTE ]
Seriously. Have you no shame, tug?

I used to work a bottom-rung computer programming job. My back faced the door. On occasions when I showed up hung over as hell, I would throw Radiohead mp3s on and just sit facing my computer screen with my eyes closed. I would enter into a trance-like state of near sleep without actually dozing off. It was relaxing, not as good as sleep, but a good alternative when you can't pass out with your head down on your desk.

Jazzy3113 11-30-2007 01:05 PM

Dude the best plan is too leave work and take the nap. If no one is there, they can never gauge how long you were gone for. Say you had to send a cashiers check to pay a speeding ticket, pick up supplies, etc.

Another favorite of mine is to sleep under my desk and when someone walks by pretend I was fixing something on the comp wires.

luckyjimm 11-30-2007 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think the bathroom is so dumb. I'm embarrassed to say this but years ago I used to go into the handicapped bathroom (unisex) and lay on the floor and set my phone alarm for a 10-15 minute snooze. I was just so tired I had to recharge and it was the best option.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've done this too, using my coat as a makeshift pillow. Even better if there's a light sensor and if you keep still it goes dark after a few minutes!

Bostaevski 11-30-2007 01:54 PM

we have a frickin huge sleep room at work, like 500sqft. It has two big leather recliners and a couch, plus a bigscreen tv and an xbox.

I remember at my old job we had this big lab of computers. One of the guys would get sleepy and go between the server racks where all the cables are tangled everywhere. He'd lay down on those cables and have all the computer fans blowing the warm air on him and sleep. We'd have tours come through our lab and somebody would have to stand at the end of the racks to block the view if this dude sleeping.

Quagmyer 11-30-2007 02:11 PM

I used to work nights shift at a call centre when for Nokia tech support. barely any calls during the night so we'd always sleep of course. blankets, pillows and zzz right under the desk. There was never a supervisor on the late shifts so just set the alarm an hour before the next shift to play it safe.
Our cubicles were also right next to the Toshiba department who only worked 9-5
I also brought my PS2 regularly and we'd hook it up to the bigscreen TV they had and play games until tired.
awesome way to get paid

elwoodblues 11-30-2007 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Some large companies/law firms/etc. will have a room where women who recently had children but are back at work can go and fill up bottles with their breast milk in comfort and privacy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what a lactation room is. I have no idea what "legally speaking it was called..." means.

tuq 11-30-2007 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

dude....nasty

[/ QUOTE ]
Seriously. Have you no shame, tug?

[/ QUOTE ]
Evidently not, considering I posted that.

FWIW, the bathroom was very large for one consisting solely of a toilet and a sink. Probably something like 8X10. So when I would lay down it would be on the side opposite the toilet. It's not like I was licking piss off of the floor or anything.

LondonBroil 12-01-2007 12:55 AM

I used to work at Leslie's (swimming) Pool Supplies. During the winter it was extremely slow and I would spend probably 2-3 hours/day sleeping in one of these right on our sales floor:
http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/2253/deckboxof2.jpg

If you lay a floating foam mattress down it's super comfortable.