Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Puzzles and Other Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Election! - The Game Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=307361)

fmxda 01-16-2007 01:18 PM

Re: Election! - The Game Thread

xorbie's plan is great; support xorbie.
Also support traz.

xorbie 01-16-2007 01:18 PM

while i obviously want to be on the council later, i dont think ill be all that helpful the first couple days. occasionally i catch a post or two that gives away a wolf, but normally i just wait until about six days in and then find most of them.

xorbie 01-16-2007 01:20 PM

also im confused about the innkeeping thing. are rooms only created when the doctor protects a seer? also have no idea what the muffin thing is about.

traz 01-16-2007 01:22 PM

If doctors only protect the seer, then that sucks

HerbieGRD 01-16-2007 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Not true, with the legacy system, villagers can become eligible on n4

[/ QUOTE ]

If the electorate is all wolves, they could either refuse to pass on their legacy, or pass it to the other wolves. They would then control the game.

[/ QUOTE ]
I am not really worried about wolves controlling the game after the first cut on day 2 - I am much more concerned about them controlling the game after the second cut on day 4. A couple of things I think should happen to try to keep the wolves from controlling the electorate
1. Villagers should always pass down their legacies in the early game. This will prevent wolves from just trying to kill off enough pro-village electorate to force a win.
2. We shouldn't elect the same people to the electorate more than once early. If we really want someone multiple times it is ok but shouldn't be done more than once or twice total.

LuckayLuck 01-16-2007 01:25 PM

I am absoutely certain that shortline and traz should be two people who are elected today, day1 specifically, due to past history with particularly good wolf-dars on day1.

fmxda 01-16-2007 01:26 PM

I think villagers should always pass down their legacies period. If you think someone has a decent chance of being a villager, better to trust your own read than leave it up to the collective.

Spook 01-16-2007 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not true, with the legacy system, villagers can become eligible on n4

[/ QUOTE ]

But if that villager passes his legacy to a Wolf, that is bad.
Wolves won't pass on legacy, they don't need to. With Nine wolves, it will be hard for all of the legacies to be passed to villagers.

This is pretty clear if you look at end game situations with only one electorate. If there are 3 left, and one electorate who is also a wolf, village losses. If there are five left, two electorates, one of which is a wolf, then night kill is used on the other, village losses.
Use induction to show how hard it will be for village to avoid this unless we have many people are able to be voted for.

BluffBlank 01-16-2007 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I think villagers should always pass down their legacies period. If you think someone has a decent chance of being a villager, better to trust your own read than leave it up to the collective.

[/ QUOTE ]

moreso, not passing down your electorate gives us 0% chance to elect another villager. Passing it to a wolf is not nearly as bad as not passing it to a villager. I hope that makes some sense. There's no reason to not pass down your legacy.

dmk 01-16-2007 01:31 PM

u guys are boring. we should just be accusing ppl of wolfdom. like jeremy for example