Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Curious about the Dead Big Game (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=553123)

Big Bend 11-23-2007 08:15 PM

Curious about the Dead Big Game

Hey I'm a Vegas noob, only seen Bobby's room one time, will never play in it of course. But I keep reading how the Big Game is dead, that it'll only run a few times a year when the big turneys are in town.

Does this mean that folks like Chip, Barry, Jennifer, Doyle and the other regulars who made their fortunes here are gona have a hard time continuing to grow their bankrolls?

No, this isn't a "poker is dying" thread.. Just curious what the impact is gona be for the topmost live players if the big mixed games dry up.

L8r.. BB

Wolitzer 11-23-2007 08:22 PM

Re: Curious about the Dead Big Game

They'll play the smaller games and/or online.

rocketsfan4lyfe 11-23-2007 09:21 PM

They grind.

plzbenice 11-23-2007 09:26 PM

yeah sux what ya gonna do when u onl have like 5 mil in the bank.

JSmith2007 11-23-2007 09:28 PM

Yeah, all those in the Big Game, have millions and millions stashed away as well as millions invested in stocks/bonds, etc. Most also have a part in some poker site online around the world to make them money.

Edit to say: Most in the big game (Chip and Doyle anyway I know) are there to play. It's not the money to them because they could find that money 'anywhere'

DLizzle 11-23-2007 09:28 PM

they would likely be able to make more money at lower limits than they were making in the big game.

jsmith5 11-23-2007 09:36 PM

I've been to Bellagio twice this week and it was going in Bobby's room with Doyle, Patrik, Jen, Eli, etc. I believe it was $2k-$4k mix. Also there's been a $100-$200 nl game in the room going too (most players with well over 100k).

Daddy Warbucks 11-23-2007 10:57 PM

PA wrote in his blog about the game going. It was 2k/4k 4 game mix, NLHE, PLO, LHE and Stud Hi. The big bet games played with a 60k cap, which is pretty weak imo.

Torello 11-24-2007 06:11 AM

Was it well known who the fish in that game were?

Eli? Gus? Random whales? Shot-takers?

Daddy Warbucks 11-24-2007 08:12 AM

Guy Laliberte was playing.

inyourface 11-24-2007 08:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
PA wrote in his blog about the game going. It was 2k/4k 4 game mix, NLHE, PLO, LHE and Stud Hi. The big bet games played with a 60k cap, which is pretty weak imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

They'd better change it back then asap...

okWiNNAR 11-24-2007 11:15 AM

Why have a 60k cap when Guy is sitting in?

inyourface 11-24-2007 11:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why have a 60k cap when Guy is sitting in?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you dont know you wouldnt understand if I told you anyway

okWiNNAR 11-24-2007 12:06 PM

you know, what I really don't understand is your way of constructing sentences.. you feel dumb when a non-american critisizes your vocabulary, right?

betgo 11-24-2007 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
you know, what I really don't understand is your way of constructing sentences.. you feel dumb when a non-american critisizes your vocabulary, right?

[/ QUOTE ]
That sentence seems fine, except it lacks punctuation; and you don't know he is an American.

inyourface 11-24-2007 12:47 PM

I missed a comma and a full stop off on an internet forum post. Someone kill me

okWiNNAR 11-24-2007 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
That sentence seems fine, except it lacks punctuation; and you don't know he is an American.

[/ QUOTE ]

please tell me where I stated that he is an american...

Ben Young 11-24-2007 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, all those in the Big Game, have millions and millions stashed away as well as millions invested in stocks/bonds, etc. Most also have a part in some poker site online around the world to make them money.

Edit to say: Most in the big game (Chip and Doyle anyway I know) are there to play. It's not the money to them because they could find that money 'anywhere'

[/ QUOTE ]

source for either of these?

killsadie 11-24-2007 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

please tell me where I stated that he is an american...

[/ QUOTE ]

oof your a dumb

Apathy 11-24-2007 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Was it well known who the fish in that game were?

Eli? Gus? Random whales? Shot-takers?

[/ QUOTE ]

In general its the same as most games but on a larger scale.

The big fish are poker players playing over their heads, poker players that used to be winners but arent anymore but still have money, rich people who want to play, and....yum yum yum sportsbettors/bookies

RedneckCracka 11-24-2007 05:01 PM

Bob Stupak is crushing those games for years!

orlov 11-24-2007 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
wait with a 60k cap in big bet games, doesnt it just become push/fold preflop o0?

betgo 11-24-2007 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
wait with a 60k cap in big bet games, doesnt it just become push/fold preflop o0?

[/ QUOTE ]
The blinds aren't 2K/4K with a 60K cap. I think the blinds are 500/1K.

TheTurbanator 11-24-2007 05:56 PM

I'm pretty sure they're talking about limit games as opposed to NL games, where I'm fairly sure they play with much lower blinds. Still it is a fairly low cap in relation to the limits.

Ansky 11-24-2007 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

uhhhh says who?

markksman 11-24-2007 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bob Stupak is crushing those games for years!

[/ QUOTE ]

Heads up BS or AB? Who you got?

RedneckCracka 11-24-2007 06:40 PM

Bob Stupak against any men, animal, machine, angel, saint....

SenatorKevin 11-24-2007 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

uhhhh says who?

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="red"> Michael Craig</font> (he's a ftp pro, so his name is in red. get it?)

sapol 11-24-2007 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

<font color="red"> Michael Craig</font> (he's a ftp pro, so his name is in red. get it?)

[/ QUOTE ]

He also wrote The Professor, the Banker, and the Suicide King FYI.

EC10 11-24-2007 06:50 PM

i saw the big game running last night in bobby's room with patrik, gus, elezra, doyle and an unknown (5 handed). then 3 or so hours later i passed by again and it was gus, patrik, chan, and 2 unknowns (one was a woman i think).

SenatorKevin 11-24-2007 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He also wrote The Professor, the Banker, and the Suicide King FYI.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but that'd be just pointing out the obvious.

JSmith2007 11-24-2007 07:16 PM

I'll admit I don't know about Doyle. I assumed pretty much that being one of the more successful players in tournaments and Bobby's Room that he's well off, not to mention all the book sales.

As for Chip, he's made (tens of) millions of dollars from the Computer Group in the past and continues to be a pretty good winner with sports betting. I don't know if you want to say it's documented per se, but it's know if you 'dig' a little bit.

Yeah, the Doyle thing was a little out there and maybe shouldn't have been said so assertively, but Chip I know is fine financially.