Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   ***uNL Microbrew Thread*** NOV 2007 (ot) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=535766)

wudabum 11-28-2007 06:44 PM

Re: ***uNL Microbrew Thread*** NOV 2007 (ot)

BBV please -ama

thing85 11-28-2007 06:45 PM

I don't see the big deal with avatars. They actually help with reads in cases where I forget to take notes. When you're playing 9 tables and you don't always remember everyone, sometimes it helps to look and see an avatar and say "oh yeah, the guy with the baby keeps 3betting me light." Ideally, you have a note about it or you just remember it, but it doesn't hurt to have some extra memory cues imo.

LT22 11-28-2007 06:49 PM

well, it's very distracting and also helps (hurts) to establish psychological problems like "omg that [censored] with that [censored] baby avatar keeps [censored] 3 betting" when in reality they may have just picked up hands

PJo336 11-28-2007 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see the big deal with avatars. They actually help with reads in cases where I forget to take notes. When you're playing 9 tables and you don't always remember everyone, sometimes it helps to look and see an avatar and say "oh yeah, the guy with the baby keeps 3betting me light." Ideally, you have a note about it or you just remember it, but it doesn't hurt to have some extra memory cues imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats exactly what i keep them on for

whyzze 11-28-2007 06:57 PM

Whenever i'm on stars to rail someone the software drives me insane. The avatars are bad, but even worse is the tourny popups. I know you can turn it all off, but im lazy and stuff.

As for full tilt, I have them off. But I make sure to use the fishy one so everyone knows.

Fetzi 11-28-2007 06:57 PM

I just find them plain distracting. I want to be fully concentrated on the game and not look at goody avas.

edit: my avatar is btw pitch-black

ICMoney 11-28-2007 07:07 PM

Do people really play with PS/FT avatars?

I don't believe it.

I don't even have a poker table displayed when I play on FT.

All black baby.

Bantam222 11-28-2007 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are most of you guys playing NL50 on stars making platinum star? I've got like 800 vpps left to get by the end of this month so I should easily make it but I think I'm playing too much.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm 500VPP away from plat star playing 50NL but i usually 9table so its about 40k hands and 50 hours per month...

whyzze 11-28-2007 07:11 PM

I see no reason to mod FTP. Just use racetrack, no avatars, the marble background, and a 4 color deck.

andy099 11-28-2007 07:16 PM

i've got a lot of [censored] to do for uni tom but i get so bored and start reading here, is there something to do while working. Are there any good internet radio stations that anyone listens to, i just want to listen to something apart from the songs i listen to over and over when i'm playing poker. I guess there are no big sporting events on tonight to keep me company. I am looking forward to Saturday morning, first test between england and sri lanka. should be a good series- that is cricket for all you who don't know. Any ideas to keep me from falling asleep etc tonight?