Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Proper etiquette for dealing with someone that is busto (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=547640)

JRBluff 11-16-2007 12:40 PM

Proper etiquette for dealing with someone that is busto

ok, someone owes me money. This originated on September 6th. The guy that owes me money has gone thru some tough times, but how long would you give someone that owes you say, $500.........Who here would consider themselves 'rolled' if they havent been paid back as of today?

Shaqizzle 11-16-2007 12:41 PM

Re: Proper etiquette for dealing with someone that is busto

Go hire some goons and rough him up!

EWS87 11-16-2007 12:43 PM

if its just 500 id say i know times are rough and youll turn it around..if you wanna pay me back in installments thats cool...get your life together then worry about paying me

EWS87 11-16-2007 12:43 PM

then when he turns around to walk away id smash the back of his head in

New2NL 11-16-2007 12:47 PM

What happens when the busto person attacks you personally online, calls you a bum etc.. Says he will pay back when he wants but he is just too broke to do it?

but he calls you a bitch etc...

He also tried to get people to buy the debt and tons of underhanded things to avoid paying.

Then what do you do?

Also he is someone that people might trust etc..

SNOWBALL 11-16-2007 12:50 PM

2 and a half months isn't THAT long. How long did he say it would take him to pay you?

JRBluff 11-16-2007 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What happens when the busto person attacks you personally online, calls you a bum etc.. Says he will pay back when he wants but he is just too broke to do it?

but he calls you a bitch etc...

He also tried to get people to buy the debt and tons of underhanded things to avoid paying.

Then what do you do?

Also he is someone that people might trust etc..

[/ QUOTE ]

this is probably the bigger issue. Yes, this person is fairly well known on the internet. There was no timeline about when the bet would be repaid. But the biggest thing is that the person is acting less than honest/admirable about paying off the debt (name calling, mocking, ect.). At what point do you just say eff it, and let loose with a full blown internet bashing of the fairly famous person in question.....

cpitt398 11-16-2007 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2 and a half months isn't THAT long. How long did he say it would take him to pay you?

[/ QUOTE ]

you don't make timelines when you lose bets, He didn't loan him the money

augie_ 11-16-2007 01:06 PM

a ton of the debt problems in the world would be solved if the debtor could just break it up into a bunch of weekly micro payments, $50/week could have that thing paid off way before christmas

ThreeBeers 11-16-2007 01:25 PM

Tell him to pay you as soon as possible. Ask him to pay you in installments. If he wants to pay you back $10 at a time then take it. If you get the money back in full, then wonderful. In any event, I would suggest that you evaluate your lending practices. First and foremost don't lend what you can't afford to be without. Second don't lend to those you have any doubts about. If you thought you could trust them and it turns out you can't, then hopefully you followed rule #1.

ThreeBeers

imozyslow 11-16-2007 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, this person is fairly well known on the internet.

[/ QUOTE ]

"IM A BIG DEAL ON THE INNANETS, BITCH!"

who is the busto retard that has to borrow 500 and cant pay it back? public humiliation is the only way he will learn.

21outstwice 11-16-2007 01:46 PM

Micon is the busto degen.

pokahjunkie 11-16-2007 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
At what point do you just say eff it, and let loose with a full blown internet bashing of the fairly famous person in question.....

[/ QUOTE ]

I would say two months goes well beyond that point. Now let us know who this degen piece of [censored] is.

JRBluff 11-16-2007 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
At what point do you just say eff it, and let loose with a full blown internet bashing of the fairly famous person in question.....

[/ QUOTE ]

I would say two months goes well beyond that point. Now let us know who this degen piece of [censored] is.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is NOT a thread to flame anyone. I was just wondering the proper etiquette for dealing with a (lol) professional poker player. I know busto happens. I do not know what it is like to not be able to get $500 buxxx together to pay off a bet you made with someone. No names here please, if needed names will come later......

New2NL 11-16-2007 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Micon is the busto degen.

[/ QUOTE ]

NO

21outstwice 11-16-2007 02:21 PM

check this out.

http://www.neverwinpoker.com/forums/...howtopic=45406

luckyjimm 11-16-2007 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ok, someone owes me money. This originated on September 6th. The guy that owes me money has gone thru some tough times, but how long would you give someone that owes you say, $500.........Who here would consider themselves 'rolled' if they havent been paid back as of today?

[/ QUOTE ]

Look, you didn't need to do this

New2NL 11-16-2007 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
check this out.

http://www.neverwinpoker.com/forums/...howtopic=45406

[/ QUOTE ]

Moron read what JR wrote, dont say names

raptor517 11-16-2007 03:31 PM

i still have a guy from 4 years ago who busted my 3800 in party not pay me back. we were really good friends used to travel a lot together and party back in high school. we had agreement that i would give him cash for whatever he was up and he would pay me whatever he lost cuz his account got frozen for something or other. well, i havent seen the money, and as soon as it happened i have seen him twice in the last 4 years. ive just written it off as a loss. i dont loan people money ever now.

threeplusthree 11-16-2007 03:33 PM

you should have got it 100% no risk

oh wait...

Big D McGee 11-16-2007 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.neverwinpoker.com/forums/...smiles/yes.gif

madmonk 11-16-2007 05:14 PM

This is pretty simple. If he is your friend, give him all time he needs. If not, sell it to someone who will collect the moneys.

New2NL 11-16-2007 05:20 PM

It was a bet. Raptor if you bet durr that he sucked at Xbox 360 and he lost, like the sucker he is, then durr started to publicly call you a bitch and a loser and a piece of [censored]. What would you do?

I know you guys are roomies, but pretend you know durr only from 2+2

kemystery 11-16-2007 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
11/16/07

a ton of the debt problems in the world would be solved if the debtor could just break it up into a bunch of weekly micro payments, $50/week could have that thing paid off way before christmas

[/ QUOTE ]

wouldn't hold my breath on way before christmas at the above prescribed rate

21outstwice 11-16-2007 05:59 PM

BRYAN 'ICON' MICON, pay this man his monies or forever be known as a welching douchebag p.o.s. As opposed to just a douchebag p.o.s. that we all know you as now.

fraac 11-16-2007 06:16 PM

Happened to me, I just don't talk to him any more. The busto part is irrelevant.

If you have to ask how to react then you aren't really asking, you're attempting to work the crowd in your favour. Good luck.

JRBluff 11-16-2007 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Happened to me, I just don't talk to him any more. The busto part is irrelevant.

If you have to ask how to react then you aren't really asking, you're attempting to work the crowd in your favour. Good luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

not at all. He shot me a pm all pizzed off saying I was out of line. I am not a professional card player. Thanks to my work ethic, education, and dumb luck, i have never been busto. I do not know the proper ins and outs of this lifestyle.

With that said, the flame thread is coming soon, im just sick and tired of all the lies, changing stories, and then the final straw was his immature bahavior regarding the debt.

fraac 11-16-2007 06:34 PM

May the Frenzy be with you.

Gap23Razor 11-16-2007 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i recall reading somewhere that the old school/private games rules are the busted gambler is not allowed to play in any game you are in until he repays you or gives you a marker with set payment date and a rate of interest...if he can't pay the marker by the agreed date, he is not allowed in any game you are in....thus, its best to get a marker any time you lend....that way you can get help from others who know the person that owes you by showing them the delinquent marker and asking them to not allow the debtor into any games with them....at least, this is how i understand private games & close knit high stakes games work...re: public cardroom games i don't know if you can keep someone from playing at low stakes, but making others who are regulars to you cardroom aware of your debt might influence a dead beat to pay up or at least cut off the dead beat's credit

apefish 11-16-2007 08:42 PM

lol at Micon.

And thanks for reminding me why I try to avoid reading over at Neverwin.

Hipsdontlie69 11-16-2007 09:14 PM

i KNOW THIS GUY Brian Townsend, he owes me $650, his Mom told me that he's broke so I asked him about the money and he keeps stalling saying he's busy doing some stuff, when is long too long to wait for somebody who owes u money?my rent is coming up and I need the money

Big D McGee 11-16-2007 09:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this applies to "dude you made a bet with on an online message board"

i recall reading somewhere that the old school/private games rules are the busted gambler is not allowed to play in any game you are in until he repays you or gives you a marker with set payment date and a rate of interest...if he can't pay the marker by the agreed date, he is not allowed in any game you are in....thus, its best to get a marker any time you lend....that way you can get help from others who know the person that owes you by showing them the delinquent marker and asking them to not allow the debtor into any games with them....at least, this is how i understand private games & close knit high stakes games work...re: public cardroom games i don't know if you can keep someone from playing at low stakes, but making others who are regulars to you cardroom aware of your debt might influence a dead beat to pay up or at least cut off the dead beat's credit

[/ QUOTE ]

DavTron3030 11-17-2007 02:53 AM

5 Step plan for debt collection:

1. Summon him to a place of your choice (if he declines, show up to his place of residence)

2. When he arrives (or after you kick his door in), repeatedly hit him in his jaw until he falls to the ground

3. Run his pockets taking any and all valuables you may find

4. inform him that this will be a common occurance until said debt has been collected in full. be sure to hit him a few more times for effect ( work his mouth real good [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )

5. repeat steps 1-4 until you have collected at least 4 times what he originally owed you. the extra monies covers your time and effort, and also sends a message to any other joker thinking they can get by without payin what they owe.

theblackkeys 11-17-2007 03:31 AM

this is oot, right guys?

markksman 11-17-2007 06:29 PM

Does he have a hot girlfriend? Maybe you could make payment arrangements with her.

CommanderCorm 11-17-2007 07:56 PM

Proper etiquette for dealing with someone that is busto:

-Buy him a beer, because you want to be a friendly and understanding person

-Donīt talk about the money he owns you all the time, he canīt pay it back anyway right now because heīs busto

-Help him get a job if possible

hime 11-19-2007 04:29 AM

WTF do people still get involved in shizz with Micon?

illini43 11-19-2007 05:05 AM

Next time when you loan a significant amount of money, write it down and sign an agreement.

btmagnetw 11-19-2007 07:25 AM

ugh the use of "rolled" at nwp is seriously gay.

Jenkem 11-19-2007 11:15 AM

don't lend money to people (especially for gambling purposes), that won't be able to pay you back immediately.