Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Proper etiquette for dealing with someone that is busto (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=547640)

Gap23Razor 11-27-2007 08:43 PM

Re: Proper etiquette for dealing with someone that is busto

[ QUOTE ]
i KNOW THIS GUY Brian Townsend, he owes me $650, his Mom told me that he's broke so I asked him about the money and he keeps stalling saying he's busy doing some stuff, when is long too long to wait for somebody who owes u money?my rent is coming up and I need the money

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't think its a good idea to out a person on a public board...the name you gave is commonplace, so you can always deny saying you were specifically naming on person, but i think you can cause yourself some liable problems by doing something like that.

if you really are upset, would you consider going to court and getting a judgement? could you prevail in small claims? otherwise, you just have to cut off credit, friendship & hope mutual friends will do the same.

qdmcg 11-27-2007 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i KNOW THIS GUY Brian Townsend, he owes me $650, his Mom told me that he's broke so I asked him about the money and he keeps stalling saying he's busy doing some stuff, when is long too long to wait for somebody who owes u money?my rent is coming up and I need the money

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't think its a good idea to out a person on a public board...the name you gave is commonplace, so you can always deny saying you were specifically naming on person, but i think you can cause yourself some liable problems by doing something like that.

if you really are upset, would you consider going to court and getting a judgement? could you prevail in small claims? otherwise, you just have to cut off credit, friendship & hope mutual friends will do the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would normally agree with you but in this situation I cannot. Brian Townsend also owes me a significant sum of money, and I'm having a lot of trouble collecting. If anything, this will prevent future people from lending money to this degenerate [censored]!!

iambusto 11-28-2007 05:07 PM

1) forget the money and chalk it up as a lesson.
2) Break off friendship with that person. You dont want to be a chump do you ?
3) Dont lend anyone money every. Give and dont expect to get it back. If you cant deal with hit, dont give.

all lessons are hard learnt by me. Wish I had read these similar threads before i helped out my buddy. Oh wait !! i did read some of those and still thought that my buddy was different.

See I wish i was a smart guy. Those who say "live and learn" have got it wrong because "You dont live long enough to make all the mistakes by yourself. So learn from others". [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

diddyeinstein 11-28-2007 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Proper etiquette for dealing with someone that is busto:

-Buy him a beer, because you want to be a friendly and understanding person

-Donīt talk about the money he owns you all the time, he canīt pay it back anyway right now because heīs busto

-Help him get a job if possible

[/ QUOTE ]

Edit. Original response a little too harsh.
Basically, this seems overly nice. Is this some type of honey attracts more bees philosophy?

crfergu 11-28-2007 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Level?

z28dreams 11-28-2007 07:06 PM

Loaning money is never ever a good situation.

People like this piss me off more than anything - they owe you a large amount of money, then give you a hard time when you have the "balls" to ask for it back. It's just ridiculous.

Give him a timeline to pay it off in say, 3-4 installments. In the meantime, take something as collateral until it's paid off (laptop, ipod, or anything he values).

Gap23Razor 11-28-2007 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Level?

[/ QUOTE ]

i am serious about my response...i am not an attorney, but i don't think its a good idea to call out a private individual on a public board like this...if the person was a public figure perhaps thats okay, but someone not otherwise well know? just be careful