Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   24+2: Super duper standard check up (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=533782)

BarryLyndon 10-29-2007 10:35 AM

24+2: Super duper standard check up

Hero is playing super laggy in late, punishing the weak. A couple of players in LP are solid and probably getting a little pissed, ready to float and make plays and stuff. I'll bury them.

Blinds 80/160

Hero (5,260), CO - 1
Villain (3,800), CO

All other stacks deep so that raise doesn't commit me.

Folds to Hero who raises to 480 with Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Villain calls fast, folds:

Flop: 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Hero bets 1200, Villain pushes, Hero insta-calls.

I've been laggy, so, it's one of those situations where 88/77/J10/QJ/maybe KJ will push here thinking he has best hand / FE. 99 probably RRs. I thought about CRing here, but I saw too much value in betting + board is drawy. Getting flat called here isn't the worst thing in the world; I think that most hands that flat call would push AI but may check behind.

Edit: Copying stack sizes off notes, made mistake, sorry.

Barry

levAA 10-29-2007 11:05 AM

Re: 24+2: Super duper standard check up

i think this is quite standard.

did you consider a c/r on this flop?

bucktotal 10-29-2007 11:08 AM

whats the question.

if your read is right, nh. i like the line of b/c. c/r is bad since villain should be taking a lot of free cards with AK/QJ/KhJh type stuff.

if villain is thinking, he should be flatting pf with AA/KK maybe QQ too... i think i would... i mean, you're obv stacking off with the 9th nutz here. so i wouldnt necessarily exclude bigger hands from his range. also, if villain has two suited overcards... you're kinda in a [censored] spot.

it seems like you're stacking off a little light here, but i guess its a super drawy board and with your image, it could make some sense.

even if you're read is right though, you're going to run into a bigger hand like 40% of the time. so be prepared for that to happen sometimes.

levAA 10-29-2007 11:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you're obv stacking off with the 9th nutz here

[/ QUOTE ]

9th nutz is nice

but i count 14th nutz [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

BarryLyndon 10-29-2007 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
whats the question.

if your read is right, nh. i like the line of b/c. c/r is bad since villain should be taking a lot of free cards with AK/QJ/KhJh type stuff.

if villain is thinking, he should be flatting pf with AA/KK maybe QQ too... i think i would... i mean, you're obv stacking off with the 9th nutz here. so i wouldnt necessarily exclude bigger hands from his range. also, if villain has two suited overcards... you're kinda in a [censored] spot.

it seems like you're stacking off a little light here, but i guess its a super drawy board and with your image, it could make some sense.

even if you're read is right though, you're going to run into a bigger hand like 40% of the time. so be prepared for that to happen sometimes.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a check up.

Deepness was my biggest concern. I have like 32BB when the hand starts. I feel like I could tighten up and muck Q10o from CO-1.

I didn't think I could let this hand go here once the 10 came up. Against his range, I'm about ~45%, assuming that he does have AA/KK here AND that he doesn't AI here with 55 or 44.

So, anyone have a good argument for checking here? I was torn between the two.

ChipSpeak 10-29-2007 12:52 PM

We can't check Barry, we are letting him peel cheap to crush us/play perfectly. Our laggy image will pay us off on any draw here, which makes the snap call a must.
I like it.