Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   500FPP Sunday Million-Satellite deep, AQ (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=381717)

Noir_Desir 04-18-2007 03:28 AM

500FPP Sunday Million-Satellite deep, AQ

Hello,
its my first post here.

I am pretty deep in this satellite. 24 left, 9 seats, entries are already paid back. I am slightly below average. Blinds go up in 3 minutes. Villain in this hand is a huge donk, limped when blinds were much too high, called with ridiculous hands etc.
He reraises me for the 2nd time in the previous 3 hands i raised and called me in a few more. I figure that if i call and win i have a very good chance to get a seat. My stealing ability is unfortunately impaired by this donk and another loose bigstack in between us.
So is this a call?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t800 (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG (t12592)
UTG+1 (t15508)
Hero (t14245)
MP2 (t20980)
CO (t24040)
Button (t13168)
SB (t14615)
BB (t17338)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t2400</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to t14400</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero ???

MaLiik 04-18-2007 07:07 AM

Re: 500FPP Sunday Million-Satellite deep, AQ

I'd fold...

It would be good to know the stacks on the other tables though.

Tackleberry 04-18-2007 08:22 AM

It seems to me that Villain thinks he must terrorize the table as the chipleader (as he saw it in TV). You still have quite a way in front of you (surviving 15 more players to get a seat) and have only about 15BB left after folding. What about a push to make a stand? I donīt think that Villain wants to risk more than half of his stack with a maybe marginal hand (whereas he can reraise you at a wide range with quite small risk).

Any comments are welcome ...

MaLiik 04-18-2007 09:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Any comments are welcome ...

[/ QUOTE ]Which hands will call a push, and how does AQo do against thouse hands? having ~30K in chips should be a given seat but do we want to risk it at this stage? We'll be "calling" a push with AQo.

Noir_Desir 04-18-2007 09:30 AM

To get this straight, he put me allin, so i cant "push" anymore.

I am not afraid of QQ+ because i dont think he reraises that big with these hands. The only hand that really worries me is AK.
The main question boils down to: Is it worth taking a coinflip here with 12000 to call and 6400 in the pot? Does he have KQ, AJ often enough if not?

DrewTheHead 04-18-2007 10:15 AM

Personally, from what you have said about this guy, you answered your own question and it is call....but i would expect to see a range of 66-99.

Some people like to game ble in these spots while others will back off, however in a satelitte for 500 FPP i like a call and a comfort zone into the top 9.

EDIT: if you win the coin flip obv.

Tackleberry 04-18-2007 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To get this straight, he put me allin, so i cant "push" anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I read a reraise to "4.400" which would not even be the double amount of your bet. Now I see that he set you all-in.

In this case it would be a fold to me ... you did not tell us that you observed villain going all-in very often, you only said that he limped too much and called raises or reraised you. So - what will he push with? AK is very reasonable, KK / AA as well. I would not expect AJ, KQ etc. - he might make a loose call with these hands but not more. With a lower pp I also would expect a call or a smaller reraise. Another tell for me seems to be, when someone just set the amount of my chips to set me all-in. If he really doesnīt want to get called (with 77 for example) he might go all-in to scare me (even when it makes no difference at all), but setting "only" 14.400 looks like a much better hand ...