Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Cowboys-Packers 29/11/07 : Time to talk smack (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=555559)

rafiki 11-27-2007 01:25 PM

Cowboys-Packers 29/11/07 : Time to talk smack

I couldn't find another forum on this one, and I think the game is deserving of some discussion all week since it's played Thursday.

Line is at 7 right now, which I find somewhat generous as a Cowboys fan. I don't doubt we win, but Green Bay is a quality team. I certainly wouldn't be surprised with a double digit Cowboys win, but I don't expect that's the most likely outcome.

Anyone know more about the injured Packers ? I heard they were banged up pretty good.

How do most of you feel about this being on the NFL network ? In Canada we'll get this broadcast on cable, so I'm pretty happy about that.

Ellis+Ware swallow the old man. Cowboys 30 Packers 26.

mbillie1 11-27-2007 01:50 PM

Re: Cowboys-Packers 29/11/07 : Time to talk smack

NFL network is CRAP, I'm wicked pissed that I won't get to watch the best matchup this week. A total bunch of horse [censored]. If I wasn't so weak-willed, I'd boycott the NFL entirely this season in protest of this NFL network travishamockery, but then what would I watch on sundays [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

rafiki 11-27-2007 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
NFL network is CRAP, I'm wicked pissed that I won't get to watch the best matchup this week. A total bunch of horse [censored]. If I wasn't so weak-willed, I'd boycott the NFL entirely this season in protest of this NFL network travishamockery, but then what would I watch on sundays [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Any decent sports bars near by ? I'm sure they're loving this. Probably going to be one of the busiest Thursday nights of the year for some of them.

Jay Riall 11-27-2007 03:44 PM

NFL Network is awesome imo. Why do you hate it so?

rafiki 11-27-2007 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably because it's not on everyone's cable pack.

dlk9s 11-27-2007 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Anyone know more about the injured Packers ? I heard they were banged up pretty good.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Packers had several guys who did not finish the Thanksgiving game:

CB Charles Woodson (toe)
S Aaron Rouse (knee)
OL Mark Tauscher (ankle)
DL Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila (knee and ankle)
DL Johnny Jolly (shoulder)

The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports, "Tauscher is the most likely to play. Woodson made strides in getting the swelling out of his toe and could make it back."

If Woodson doesn't play, the Packers are pretty much dead, considering how hard it will be to cover TO, Witten, and crew even with him healthy. The loss of Jolly, who I don't think is expected to play, will really hurt the run defense and obviously the loss of KGB hurts the pass rush.

So, Green Bay will likely need to score A LOT.

bottomset 11-27-2007 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to get it [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

duracell 11-27-2007 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to get it [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have Comcast and I get the NFL Network in HD...

rafiki 11-27-2007 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The Packers had several guys who did not finish the Thanksgiving game:

CB Charles Woodson (toe)
S Aaron Rouse (knee)
OL Mark Tauscher (ankle)
DL Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila (knee and ankle)
DL Johnny Jolly (shoulder)

The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports, "Tauscher is the most likely to play. Woodson made strides in getting the swelling out of his toe and could make it back."

If Woodson doesn't play, the Packers are pretty much dead, considering how hard it will be to cover TO, Witten, and crew even with him healthy. The loss of Jolly, who I don't think is expected to play, will really hurt the run defense and obviously the loss of KGB hurts the pass rush.

So, Green Bay will likely need to score A LOT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is driver hurt ?

Tyler Durden 11-27-2007 07:49 PM

Unreal how good the Cowboys run.