Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   The Rivalry (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=540768)

FlyWf 11-07-2007 07:37 PM

The Rivalry

This is linktarding, but HBO Sports is going to air a documentary about the OSU/Michigan Rivalry next Tuesday and I just saw a commercial for it. HBO Sports generally does good work but they tend to focus on the professional leagues, it'll be interesting to see how they try to cast this. [censored] Michigan

http://www.hbo.com/events/rivalry/

ClarkNasty 11-07-2007 07:39 PM

Re: The Rivalry

I thought The Rivalry was Army-Navy

ClarkNasty 11-07-2007 07:48 PM

Or am I thinking of The Game?

kyro 11-07-2007 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought The Rivalry was New England fans v. Everyone else

[/ QUOTE ]

Riverman 11-07-2007 07:51 PM

I read an interesting interview with the director of this...he said he went in thinking nothing could come close to NY/Boston in baseball, but changed his mind after attending UM/OSU last year.

Obviously I'm biased; I grew up in Columbus and I've been to 18 UM/OSU games in a row, but this game is really something special.

MuresanForMVP 11-07-2007 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I read an interesting interview with the director of this...he said he went in thinking nothing could come close to NY/Boston in baseball, but changed his mind after attending UM/OSU last year.

Obviously I'm biased; I grew up in Columbus and I've been to 18 UM/OSU games in a row, but this game is really something special.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe that has something to do with the fact that they play eachother once a year instead of say 20 times a year?

Pudge714 11-07-2007 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[hijack] I get this is a joke, but I love how NE fans think they are the only fans to get this treatment[/hijack]

MuresanForMVP 11-07-2007 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[hijack] I get this is a joke, but I love how NE fans think they are the only fans to get this treatment[/hijack]

[/ QUOTE ]

[hijack] As a Red Sox fan I'm really starting to feel as if we're approaching New York sports, and specifically the Yankees in terms of level of hatred. And it's fairly obvious that the level of Boston sports success is probably the reason for that. As a result, I've taken a step back and reasoned that what Boston fans are feeling now in respect to other people's hate is what Yankee fans have been experiencing for years. [blasphemy]Because of this, my disdain has been reduced a reasonable amount, and I'm starting to see things as Red Sox+the Yankees= [censored] everyone else who does nothing but hate on success. [/hijack] [/blasphemy]

The Bus Driver 11-07-2007 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[hijack] As a Red Sox fan I'm really starting to feel as if we're approaching New York sports, and specifically the Yankees in terms of level of hatred. And it's fairly obvious that the level of Boston sports success is probably the reason for that. As a result, I've taken a step back and reasoned that what Boston fans are feeling now in respect to other people's hate is what Yankee fans have been experiencing for years. [blasphemy]Because of this, my disdain has been reduced a reasonable amount, and I'm starting to see things as Red Sox+the Yankees= [censored] everyone else who does nothing but hate on success. [/hijack] [/blasphemy]

[/ QUOTE ]
No, we're just sick of the fans and the nonstop talk about nothing other than NY/Boston.

NT! 11-07-2007 08:39 PM

i have seen a lot more attacks on boston fans just for being boston fans lately than ever before. i'm sure there are also a lot more annoying boston homers around than there were before. whatever. as someone who has tried (sometimes successfully, sometimes not) to be pretty balanced in sports discussion, it pisses me off when crappy posters use it as a crutch for their lack of arguing skills.

also, [censored] michigan in the eye