Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Contributing to the Two Plus Two Internet Magazine (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=535760)

Dynasty 10-31-2007 10:37 PM

Contributing to the Two Plus Two Internet Magazine

As editor of the Two Plus Two Internet Magazine, I'm constantly looking for diverse strategy articles. Increasing the quantity and quality of short-handed articles is one goal.

So, I'd like to encourage all Shorthanded forum posters who have an article idea to make a submission to the Magazine. Feel free to contact me (via PM or e-mail) before doing any writing if you want to discuss the article in advance.

The Magazine pays $200 per published article and $100 more if it's translated for our new German website partner. All rights to published articles return to the author after three months.

The new November issue has a shorthanded article by Jordan Cairns.

You May be More Exploitable Than You Think- Shorthanded Limit by Jordan Cairns

yourface 10-31-2007 11:27 PM

Re: Contributing to the Two Plus Two Internet Magazine

gj heisen!

ST069 11-01-2007 07:58 PM

Are you interested by french translations?

The Funky Llama 11-01-2007 08:28 PM

Jordan,

Very good article. Looking forward to reading more.

gaming_mouse 11-01-2007 09:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
gj heisen!

[/ QUOTE ]
jordan = heisenberg?

Heisenb3rg 11-01-2007 09:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
gj heisen!

[/ QUOTE ]
jordan = heisenberg?

[/ QUOTE ]

jah

ty llama/yourface

gaming_mouse 11-01-2007 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
gj heisen!

[/ QUOTE ]
jordan = heisenberg?

[/ QUOTE ]

jah

ty llama/yourface

[/ QUOTE ]

cool. v good stuff.

gaming_mouse 11-01-2007 10:07 PM

Also, Jordan: Do you think there are ever times when checking behind these types of flops with A-hi hands is correct (balancing by sometimes checking behind good hands too)? Or should the only adjustments be re-bluffing and lighter (sometimes A-hi) showdowns?

Heisenb3rg 11-02-2007 12:15 AM

call me heisen [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I recently read an article by elindeaur propsing you should be checking behind the flop some percentage of the time...

Im skeptical to this in general, but I had planned to do a little research into it sometime...

Im thinking when continuation betting will rarely win the pot 1/4 a strategy composed of partly checking behind the flop may be a good one..
Some how I dont think ace rag boards fall under that category...

I was thinking on boards such as 567, you would want to check behind the flop, sometimes, because here their distribution is stronger than yours, and you are going to get check/raised so often...
However, the times you do have a hand, you miss out on a lot of value against draws going mental....
Can't intuitivly reason this out though, have to do the work.

All I know is that on RAG boards you must make adjustments to the standard TAG strategy, havent figured out exactly what to make..

I mean we all have our own little intuitive way of handling those situations (mostly taking into account table feel).. But ive never calculated some near optimal strategies.

A goal in the future...

Dynasty 11-03-2007 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you interested by french translations?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're offering to translate articles, you should contact Mason Malmuth by PM or e-mail.