Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes MTT (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   First Hand of the Million (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=544281)

mastr 11-12-2007 12:56 PM

First Hand of the Million

Haven't posted a hand in a while, think this one has a lot going for it for all the options.

Table is complete unkonwns and me:
Folded to me in SB, complete 24s BB checks
Pot 100 stacks 9950

Flop QJ5 all of my suit I lead 100 BB fairly quickly raises to 300, action, and action on future streets? This really seems like a ranges of ranges question to me, but I'll let other people dissect the standard -ROI sunday mill fish on the first hand

Edit: If you 3-bet flop do you fold to 4-bet
How do you most extract from no pair with one card flush draw vs extracting the most from 2-pair and which matters more, etc etc

Hattifnatt 11-12-2007 01:00 PM

Re: First Hand of the Million

I fold this preflop. many options on the flop here, I probably call with intention of c/r or weakb3b a blank turn.

thebawler 11-12-2007 01:08 PM

900 on flop (is he really folding?),1500-2000 on nice turn, instantly overshove on nice river and get paid OR check to induce the bluff on the river if it gets that far.

registrar 11-12-2007 01:19 PM

OPR, which means you can tank, and then probably min-reraise. You can obviously make plans for four-flush and pairing turns but I don't think there's much point until you have some stats and narrow his range based on how and how fast he reacts.

If he's profitable, then just call and cr safe turns.

Steroid Boy 11-12-2007 01:50 PM

raise it up to like 1100 total and snapcall a shove and pray his twopr/set doesnt fill up

Eagles 11-12-2007 04:06 PM

Fold pf or raise pf.
Probably raise pf. As played I probably 3bet flop and re-evaluate depending on what he does.

mlagoo 11-12-2007 04:11 PM

i 3bet here with no plans of folding to an unknown on the first hand of the million, assuming all the action is on the flop. keep valuebetting all streets assuming bricks, possibly b/f some paired turns but probably not, typically c/f spade turn/rivers.

djk123 11-12-2007 04:12 PM

folding preflop in the million against an unknown would be absurd. i like a raise better than a complete, but a complete is certainly better than folding

Hattifnatt 11-12-2007 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
folding preflop in the million against an unknown would be absurd. i like a raise better than a complete, but a complete is certainly better than folding

[/ QUOTE ]
why do you think folding is absurd, cause of all the donks? even then I dont think you lose much by folding, bec even if its a high chance you're up vs a bad player you dont know in which way he is bad if he is that since we have no reads.

also, what do you prefer if it was a start field with much better player on avg than the million and you didnt have any reads on the players?

after all, we have a pretty trashy hand OOP and its early.

djk123 11-12-2007 05:46 PM

cuz BB is more than likely a bad player, and I want to play as many pots as possible with the bad players early on.