Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Heads Up Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   400 nl cash -- 3bet pot, tptk v turn nit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=458561)

whaahhahahah 07-23-2007 04:35 PM

400 nl cash -- 3bet pot, tptk v turn nit

over 5,000 hands his w$sd for turn bets is 88%. w$sd for river bets is 85%. he 3bets mid pairs a bit more than your average opponent. he 3bets about 10% total.

400 stacks. i raise to 12 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. he pops me back to 36. i call.

flop (72)
J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
he leads for 48. i call.

turn (168)
K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
he leads for 120. anyone fold here?

Deewhizzle 07-23-2007 04:46 PM

Re: 400 nl cash -- 3bet pot, tptk v turn nit

against a player like that i think yes i would lay that down.the only reason to not fold her i think, would be a player dependant read, meaning that you put his range of 3 betting you into a range of hands that didnt hit here. obv. the flush card is a scare card. also brings up the q10 guttshot. but a nit like this may be over aggressing pp 66 or even jacks here. i cant see a reason to call here,only to fold or raise,IMO

jsnipes28 07-23-2007 05:49 PM

nah i wouldnt fold.

as played call/call river and shoving are both fine. i obv would prefer to call if we had a heart, and if u shove hes not folding AhJ or KQh or whatever either.

ivvaen 07-23-2007 07:02 PM

I'm not sure what those w$sd stats look like for the average player, but I usually won't fold this. I would probably end up pushing to protect against a 4th heart.

IronFly 07-23-2007 08:28 PM

whats his cont bet turn %tage? % of time he checks turn vs bets turn?

whaahhahahah 07-23-2007 11:17 PM

usual is anywhere from 45-60%. i've never seen one this high.

in 3bet pots, i've only seen him bet the turn a couple times.

the problem i have with calling is that he rarely bluffs the turn and my hand is at the bottom of his range for betting the turn.

as for that fourth heart, i don't mind if it drops because he bluffs so seldomly

RicherThanRichie 07-23-2007 11:59 PM

Is this flop call standard? I'd really like to fold to avoid a situation like we're in now. Or is he that straight forward that we can take the pot away from him when he checks the turn to us? Anyways I probably call the turn and fold to a river bet here.

jsnipes28 07-24-2007 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
usual is anywhere from 45-60%. i've never seen one this high.

in 3bet pots, i've only seen him bet the turn a couple times.

the problem i have with calling is that he rarely bluffs the turn and my hand is at the bottom of his range for betting the turn.

as for that fourth heart, i don't mind if it drops because he bluffs so seldomly

[/ QUOTE ]

does he always bluff the flop and never bluff the turn? I find that hard to believe, and while it may be the case I think you might be better off folding the flop. did you just plan on betting all turns when he checks?

dd323 07-24-2007 01:16 PM

I think I would be more apt to raise o the flop here. However, once you are at the turn, isn't a K a perfect scare card for him to double barrel with?

I think calling the turn is good, especially with his river stats, I don't think he ever vbs with something you beat.

Edit: and as a bonus, if he checks the river w/o a heart, you could win if a heart falls even if you are behind..

whaahhahahah 07-24-2007 02:23 PM

to snipes, the flop was a float. he's betting the flop most times and only betting the turn with strong holdings.

to dd, i like the idea calling and bluffing a heart river if he checks.