Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Elder Scrolls: Oblivion questions (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=200496)

Grisgra 08-30-2006 11:11 PM

Elder Scrolls: Oblivion questions

Playing on an Xbox 360 ... and yes, I'm a newb.

I'm in the Crumbling Mines, there's clearly a passage in there that I'm supposed to dig through (and there's a pickaxe and shovel on the floor) -- but it's not letting me equip them. How (and can one) use a shovel/pickaxe?

How do I shut off/toggle auto-run on the console?

Where can I get por. hemophilia cured? Thought there'd be some place I could do so for ~free . . . ?

Dadswell 08-30-2006 11:13 PM

Re: Elder Scrolls: Oblivion questions

I just picked up a 360 and this game, going to give it a go right now actually.

bdohaney 08-30-2006 11:19 PM

You can cure the disease with any cure disease potion/spell/reagent/etc or you can also visit the main altar at any of the temples in the cities, so long as you are a good character (fame>infamy). Before anyone else gets it for the 360... It is FAR better for the computer due to being able to use player mods, particularly OOO 1.3 which just came out and completely changed the game around and improved it dramatically, IMHO.

Russ M. 08-31-2006 12:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Playing on an Xbox 360 ... and yes, I'm a newb.

I'm in the Crumbling Mines, there's clearly a passage in there that I'm supposed to dig through (and there's a pickaxe and shovel on the floor) -- but it's not letting me equip them. How (and can one) use a shovel/pickaxe?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't remember this area but I don't think you can equip shovels and all that other crap. It's probably a switch you have to trip. Check GameFaqs.

[ QUOTE ]
How do I shut off/toggle auto-run on the console?

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean auto-playing of discs when you turn the 360 on? I think that's in the last tab on the Dashboard. Ruffle through there.

[ QUOTE ]
Where can I get por. hemophilia cured? Thought there'd be some place I could do so for ~free . . . ?

[/ QUOTE ]

From what I read you have to go through a long side quest to get it cured. Again, check GameFaqs, they have an entire walkthrough for being a vampire.

New001 08-31-2006 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
From what I read you have to go through a long side quest to get it cured. Again, check GameFaqs, they have an entire walkthrough for being a vampire.

[/ QUOTE ]
This isn't true unless he actually becomes a vampire from it. The disease takes a few days before that happens.

Russ M. 08-31-2006 01:01 AM

Whoops, I misread. Yeah I think he has 72 hours to cure it.

onthebutton 08-31-2006 01:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This isn't true unless he actually becomes a vampire from it. The disease takes a few days before that happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just go to the main altar in any church.

Runkmud 08-31-2006 02:42 AM

As for the pick axe and shovel, they're useless, find a switch.

As for vampirism, if you've just got the disease and not a vamp yet, just drink a cure disease potion or hit up a temple.

henrikrh 08-31-2006 02:51 AM

Probably the best advice would be to get the pc version. But, oh well. Get vamp cured quick, once it sets in I hear the cure quest is a bitch.

bottomset 08-31-2006 03:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Probably the best advice would be to get the pc version. But, oh well. Get vamp cured quick, once it sets in I hear the cure quest is a bitch.

[/ QUOTE ]

being a vampire is fun, albeit annoying at times