Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Pokerstars $1/2 Frustration (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=541609)

Verno 11-08-2007 07:26 PM

Pokerstars $1/2 Frustration

Hi all, this is my first post even though I have been lurking for just over a year. Until recently I have been beating this game for ~1 bb/100. I am a recreational player who has a full time job. I have now logged over 130,000 hands at this level since January 1 and suffered my first losing month last October. I finished the month down $672 after ~20,000 hands. Now November is proving to be just like October.

I understand variance and I am probably experiencing it, but what do you guys do when you go through a time like this? I have reviewed my hands. I have reviewed my stats and compared them to my most profitable months and the VPIP and the PFR are almost exactly the same.

I guess it is possible that I was on a 110,000 heater, but that seems kinda redonkulous. Has this game become that much tougher? Any ideas on how to get through this is much appreciated.

DavidC 11-08-2007 07:41 PM

Re: Pokerstars $1/2 Frustration

yes the games have become tougher, october was normal, november is young.

take a break, read more, play, profit.

BadBigBabar 11-08-2007 07:48 PM

300 bb downswings are common if you log that many hands. join the session reviews and post hands so others might comment on your play and give you some constructive criticism. perhaps your play has become too regular or predictable and other regulars in that game are taking advantage. either way, welcome to the forum, finally, sort of.

knockonwood 11-08-2007 08:12 PM

Hi Verno. Maybe take a run at 3-6 and chase your losses. Thats what I do but its considered unconventional bank roll management. Also why I'm pretty much busto. Do you have the 130,000 hands on Poker Tracker? Also post some tough hands on the forums.

TimovieMan 11-08-2007 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe take a run at 3-6 and chase your losses.

[/ QUOTE ]
No offence, but...

WORST... IDEA... EVAH!!!!

Just keep playing at 1/2 as long as your bankroll can sustain it, and eventually it'll either work out (variance is a bitch) or you'll have to drop a limit.

Going up in limits to chase losses is THE way to go bankrupt...

knockonwood 11-08-2007 08:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe take a run at 3-6 and chase your losses.

[/ QUOTE ]
No offence, but...

WORST... IDEA... EVAH!!!!

Just keep playing at 1/2 as long as your bankroll can sustain it, and eventually it'll either work out (variance is a bitch) or you'll have to drop a limit.

Going up in limits to chase losses is THE way to go bankrupt...

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh...Busto or Robusto is the way i look at it. You only live once.

BadBigBabar 11-08-2007 08:25 PM

ok well we don't look at it that way

BadBigBabar 11-08-2007 08:26 PM

or at least when i was playing for a living i didn't

i'm less uninclined to now, but only if the games are good, not just b/c i'm in a 300bb downswing and am still beating the game over a large sample

Xylocain 11-08-2007 08:27 PM

OP, have you looked into the Martingale system?

<font color="white"> Also OP, if you have been lurking for a year, shouldnt you know better than to make this thread ???!!?!??!!!!11111 </font>

Verno 11-08-2007 08:28 PM

BBB,
I think the session review is a good idea. How do I get involved in that?

Thanks.