Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   BBV4Life (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   [censored] TITO ORTIZ JUST DON'T GRAB THE CAGE! (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=445900)

BowToYourSensei 07-08-2007 12:38 PM

[censored] TITO ORTIZ JUST DON\'T GRAB THE CAGE!

recorded UFC 73 cuz i wasn't able to watch it live

jesus christ i hate tito ortiz.

also, anderson silva4lyfe

kipin 07-08-2007 12:54 PM

Re: [censored] TITO ORTIZ JUST DON\'T GRAB THE CAGE!

Silva is so sickkkkk

DannyOcean_ 07-08-2007 02:29 PM

I never thought I would logically say a sentence like "XXXXX will dominate BJ Penn"

But Sean Sherk is a BIG favorite there.

rubbrband 07-08-2007 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I never thought I would logically say a sentence like "XXXXX will dominate BJ Penn"

[/ QUOTE ]
Sherk is so boring to watch [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

DannyOcean_ 07-08-2007 03:52 PM

I disagree. If he's too boring it's only because he's too dominant.

Not finishing Hermes is not some huge crime. Hermes has never been submitted, and out of 6 losses, 5 were decision, and only one was a TKO.

Hermes has maybe the best bottom defense in the world, and his style is such that he loses decisions rather than get knocked out or subbed. 5 losses by decision, only i by tko, o by submission.

18 takedowns, probably 6 of which in the last round.

17 guard passes

3 mounts

Against a world class BJJ guy.

Not boring to me.

SNOWBALL 07-08-2007 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] If BJ Penn fights lighweight, maybe yes, If Sherk moves up to welterweight, nonononononono.

What makes you so confident? Plz tell me you don't think Sherk is more skilled. He's really really really not. He just trains like a machine, and Penn is a [censored] slacker.

evilempire 07-08-2007 04:12 PM

the sherk vs hermes fight was awesome. It was a very technical fight

rubbrband 07-08-2007 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I disagree. If he's too boring it's only because he's too dominant.

Not finishing Hermes is not some huge crime. Hermes has never been submitted, and out of 6 losses, 5 were decision, and only one was a TKO.

Hermes has maybe the best bottom defense in the world, and his style is such that he loses decisions rather than get knocked out or subbed. 5 losses by decision, only i by tko, o by submission.

18 takedowns, probably 6 of which in the last round.

17 guard passes

3 mounts

Against a world class BJJ guy.

Not boring to me.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah just really frustrating when he gets infinite mounts/side control and barely throws a punch. I'm not saying he didn't play the best strategy, but I don't want to watch collegiate wrestling.

DannyOcean_ 07-08-2007 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] If BJ Penn fights lighweight, maybe yes, If Sherk moves up to welterweight, nonononononono.

What makes you so confident? Plz tell me you don't think Sherk is more skilled. He's really really really not. He just trains like a machine, and Penn is a [censored] slacker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sherk is far more skilled at wrestling. I would give BJ a clear edge standing up and trading.

The deal breaker for me is how easily he passed Hermes' guard. 17 times against a world class BJJ guy?

Yeah, Sherk is a big favorite. His wrestling is better, he has never been submitted even though he is in someone's guard in every fight he has, and he is a master at breaking the guard. all of this = more skilled imo.

rubbrband 07-08-2007 04:20 PM

I do have to admire sherk for his insane cardio. He wasn't even breathing hard till end of 4th round.