Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   10/25 NL shallowly deep. I dont want to fold but calling sucks. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=259691)

OTRise 11-14-2006 02:44 PM

Re: 10/25 NL shallowly deep. I dont want to fold but calling sucks.

Make a strong fold here. He is going to jack it up with a set/made flush/two pair/st8/air. I think that he rarly does this with air in this situation because even though he may be getting "fed up" with you, most opponnents will pick a better spot than a mono-tone board with air to risk such a substantial amount of money on air, to win a minimal amount in a hand where they suspect that you feel they are getting fed up at them.

Kirkrrr 11-14-2006 03:17 PM

I've been pushing in spots like this a lot lately and in general getting stacked off [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] For some reason, though, his line actually doesn't convey a huge amounts of strength to me, and I disagree with those saying his range is weighted heavily towards sets and flushes. I would not be at all surprised to see a one pair-type hand there against which we're good (sort of) given OP's description of table dynamics. I would probably end up pushing here both a semi-bluff and for value.

Kirk

OTRise 11-14-2006 03:27 PM

His raise looks like a bluff. This is very important. He's jacking up a 200 bet 5x. Why would he do this with a hand that he thinks has a good possibility of being best, IE: Top pair +flush draw etc. Instead he would make a normal reasonable raise to maybe 600. This looks like a case where hes making his bet look like a bluff, hoping the hero sees it as a raise of frustration and will push back with Overpair+flush draw, just Overpair etc. Or, it really is a bluff, in which case he will be giving up after that raise, so your risking your whole 4000 to take down that 1200 of his, I don't like. He's not calling off your c/r with a worse hand or putting more money into the pot via a bluff. Wait for a better spot

TheOldPokerDude 11-14-2006 04:50 PM

5 handed, you have a monster, this is an easy shove. I would probably fold JJ to this flop raise mind you.

MrMorden 11-14-2006 07:35 PM

I would fold, you re risking alot and havent invested that much.

JMP300z 11-14-2006 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would fold, you re risking alot and havent invested that much.

[/ QUOTE ]

you need to adjust your thinking a little bit. What you have invested is not important-> what the pot size is. This maybe what you are getting at but thinking about it that way can -ively affect your game.

-JP

JMP300z 11-14-2006 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
5 handed, you have a monster, this is an easy shove. I would probably fold JJ to this flop raise mind you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this an analysis?

-JP

JMP300z 11-14-2006 08:01 PM

Btw when I said "I dont wnt to fold" that doesnt mean its not an option. WHen I said "calling sucks" that means calling is pretty much not an option.

Results: he snap calls my push w/ Thigh flush and I never am ont he right side of the rig.

PS. in retrospect I dont think I ever get called by worse except maybe kh9 but doubtful he has that. I also dont think this is ever a bluff or semibluff for reasons stated above (A of semibluffiness is in my hand, bad board). Still not sure how often he has a 9x crap and folds but I think (results oriented of course) that its prob not often enough to mke the push profitable due to the size of the push (But its close).

-JP

TheFuGu 11-14-2006 08:17 PM

just be happy your opponent is calling with 10x hearts oop vs you.

JMP300z 11-14-2006 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
just be happy your opponent is calling with 10x hearts oop vs you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hes in position, explain why im happy?

-JP