Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Shipping it Crucial to the Kids -- Monthly (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=347030)

Limesparks 03-04-2007 11:56 PM

Shipping it Crucial to the Kids -- Monthly

Brag: I'm pledging to donate 10% of my poker profits monthly to Children's Inc.

Beat: I'm only a part-time low-stakes baller, and I can't imagine the kid's cut of my monthly take will be more than 50 bucks very often.

Variance: If anyone else felt as good about the LOL Documents thread as I did and wants to join in with their own percentage (however big or small), this seems like a great way to keep a good thing rolling. Maybe we can start a monthly thread as a reminder/encouragement to all involved.

Who's in?

Teh1337zor 03-04-2007 11:57 PM

Re: Shipping it Crucial to the Kids -- Monthly

good idea I think we should have it so the orig never leaves the first page.

AJackson 03-05-2007 12:59 AM

When I made my original $100 donation, I mistakenly set it up as a monthly billing. It felt so good to help out, I'm just going to let it stand.

Lurker. 03-05-2007 01:06 AM

great thought OP.

ludacris 03-05-2007 01:14 AM

10% can be a big cut for some people. i could do between 2-5% .

D.L.M. 03-05-2007 01:20 AM

that means they owe me 300 bucks

ed8383 03-05-2007 01:21 AM

Correct me if im wrong but sponsoring a child through children's inc is like $28 a month, THAT IS NOTHING! For the prize of a decent t-shirt, or for the prize of what it takes to take out your spoiled girlfriend to movies + restaurant 1 day, you can sponsor a child for a whole month.

There really is no excuse not to sponsor a child. You won't plant trees, you won't go out and clean the beaches, we know you don't have time for that stuff and you're lazy. Sponsoring a child is the easiest way we can help the world be a better place.

Squareview 03-05-2007 01:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Correct me if im wrong but

for the prize of what it takes to take out your spoiled girlfriend to movies + restaurant 1 day

[/ QUOTE ]

wrong

ed8383 03-05-2007 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Correct me if im wrong but

for the prize of what it takes to take out your spoiled girlfriend to movies + restaurant 1 day

[/ QUOTE ]

wrong

[/ QUOTE ]
It was a conservative estimate. Most guys spend way more than that on their gfs just for 1 day of what women think as "quality time" (movies, restaurants, drinks), while playaz don't spend much at all and their gfs are still happy. Then we have true don juans who have women spend money on them not the other way around (true masters of women like this are rare though).

my point is this, most guys spend 4x and more on their gf per month than the $28 dollars that takes to sponsor a child per month. Ive never bought any but those trendy clothing (abercrombie and other brands) that you see people wearing all the time, i bet 1 sweater from a trendy brand name costs more than the $28 that it takes to help a poor child.

If you have money to waste on all that crap but you can't spend $28 a month to sponsor an empoverished child, there is something wrong with you.

delta k 03-05-2007 01:53 AM

just donated.

blickets