Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   AA no hearts against three hearts on turn, opponent bets 1/2 pot (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=474537)

CmnDwnWrkn 08-10-2007 08:08 PM

AA no hearts against three hearts on turn, opponent bets 1/2 pot

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($49.50)
UTG ($50)
MP ($32.55)
Button ($25.60)
SB ($26.50)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $1</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4.5</font>, MP calls $3.

Flop: ($8.75) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $6</font>, MP calls $6.

Turn: ($20.75) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $10</font>, Hero???

Thoughts on how to best play Turn please...

Shaqalicious 08-10-2007 08:12 PM

Re: AA no hearts against three hearts on turn, opponent bets 1/2 pot

i'm torn between b/f and c/f.. but either way.. fold

Shaqalicious 08-10-2007 08:14 PM

yeah, the more i think about it, i like a b/f

your check is allowing him to bluff at that pot and you don't know if you're laying down the best hand

humP 08-10-2007 08:16 PM

b/f? Just b/c all-in, easily.

Pants Optional 08-10-2007 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
b/f? Just b/c all-in, easily.

[/ QUOTE ]

I HAS ACES

NOOO THEY BE STEALIN MY ACES

vixticator 08-10-2007 08:20 PM

I think you should have bet the turn, 3bet pot. Flush or straight draw on flop should be a little bit less of his range than middle pairs, AK, AQ, or w/e. He doesn't have much behind so I would bet like $12 and call shove. Move in on any non heart river, I'd reluctanly check-call a heart since he'd only have ~10 left. I'd expect him to fold the turn bet most of the time though.

As played I would move in here. He's got $12 left and almost has to call with anything here except total air.

humP 08-10-2007 08:21 PM

He has 30$ stack and has like one pot size bet left... There's no reason to put villain for a flush as he most often doesn't have one so just bet and get his stack. Bet/folding here is atrocious and check/folding is weaaaak and he can bet so many worse hands here even for value.

CmnDwnWrkn 08-10-2007 08:22 PM

My thinking on checking was I didn't want to commit myself with that board. And there are other possibilities beyond a flush, such as sets

What do you think would be a good bet size? 3/4 pot and I'm pretty much committed...

CmnDwnWrkn 08-10-2007 08:25 PM

yeah, i probably did give him too much credit for a flush

my thought on checking is that he would likely check after if he didn't have a flush with that board. or should i not assume this?

vixticator 08-10-2007 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
my thought on checking is that he would likely check after if he didn't have a flush with that board. or should i not assume this?

[/ QUOTE ]I would think most players are betting JT+, 88+ with one heart, or AK/AQ with one when you check. Assuming you c-bet here a whole lot and end up c/fing turn when called, I don't think many players are checking behind. It's pretty obvious that you are worried about the heart so he should be betting here.