Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   NHL Down The stretch (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=347277)

New2NL 03-05-2007 09:52 AM

NHL Down The stretch

Well the season is coming to a close, we are a couple of games into every teams ''New'' playoff jacked roster.

Who are the contenders? What teams look ready to take it all?

I believe that the eastern conference has to be the favorite to win. The absolute stacked West will be impossible to get through. Any team that comes out of the west is likely to be beat down. All those great teams are going to really make for a exausted Conference champ.

I am throwing it out there. Ottawa looks like an early favorite.

Thoughts?

Triumph36 03-05-2007 11:28 AM

Re: NHL Down The stretch

Ottawa looks like an early favorite every year. This could be their year, but I really think the Sabres would take them in a series - if the Sabres can get healthy.

New2NL 03-05-2007 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ottawa looks like an early favorite every year. This could be their year, but I really think the Sabres would take them in a series - if the Sabres can get healthy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I really think its Buffalo or Ottawa, I would put New Jersey as a darkhorse because if Brodeur gets hot he can steal a series by himself.

I love the west but imagine how beat they will be.

Nashville
Anaheim
San Jose
Detroit

All 4 legit contenders and all 4 might have 2 hard series to contend.

CrazyPsycho 03-05-2007 12:06 PM

The Sabres are in Emery's head. I'd say Buffalo would like to avoid New Jersey, that's about it. Possibly if the Penguins get hot, but their goalie/defense just doesn't scare me that much.

Of course if Buffalo can't stay healthy that goes right out the window.

New2NL 03-05-2007 12:37 PM

Why is emery afraid of the sabers? he wanted to fight. He was smiling while peters pounded his brain in. Not so sure that is a good argument.

Goaltenders I think Ottawa is stronger as well. Overall I think Ottawa is stronger atm.

Equal 03-06-2007 09:52 AM

7 out of 8 teams in the West can make it to the final IMO. The 4 you mentioned and the Canucks, Flames and Wild. Only Dallas has no shot.

New2NL 03-06-2007 10:45 AM

I think the wild have less chance than Dallas, Canucks are in there for sure, at an outside 5th but even at what I consider 5th they are a very strong team so is Calgary. Solid goaltending for both and good D

SL__72 03-06-2007 11:29 AM

The Wild have been pretty hot since Gaborik returned to the lineup...

CrazyPsycho 03-06-2007 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why is emery afraid of the sabers? he wanted to fight. He was smiling while peters pounded his brain in. Not so sure that is a good argument.

Goaltenders I think Ottawa is stronger as well. Overall I think Ottawa is stronger atm.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fighting doesn't stop pucks.

Yads 03-06-2007 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the wild have less chance than Dallas

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, if it weren't for extra SO points this team wouldn't even be in the top 8. Their goaltending and defense is solid, but they have no offensive punch. I can't see them getting past the first round unless they get very lucky.