Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Just had the bejeebers scared out of me (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=277227)

udbrky 12-07-2006 01:57 AM

Just had the bejeebers scared out of me

I went to shut off some lights before going to bed, and heard some noises at my apartment door - it's the only way in or out without jumping out of a second story window. It sounded like scratching, and if I got close to the door, it seemed like it stopped. After a couple minutes, I talked myself into calling the police.

So, they come out like 5 minutes later - I was impressed. Turns out, Toys for Tots was hanging fliers on doors at 12:45 a.m. WTF. I thought someone was trying to pick my lock or something.

Now I feel like a wimp for calling the police over nothing.

Dementia 12-07-2006 01:59 AM

Re: Just had the bejeebers scared out of me

[ QUOTE ]
I went to shut off some lights before going to bed, and heard some noises at my apartment door - it's the only way in or out without jumping out of a second story window. It sounded like scratching, and if I got close to the door, it seemed like it stopped. After a couple minutes, I talked myself into calling the police.

So, they come out like 5 minutes later - I was impressed. Turns out, Toys for Tots was hanging fliers on doors at 12:45 a.m. WTF. I thought someone was trying to pick my lock or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh ffs. Tell me you are a girl? I am really not being sarcastic or trying to give you a hard time either.

Golden_Rhino 12-07-2006 01:59 AM

Nothing to be ashamed of. Do you keep the phone number to the police in your purse ma'am?

udbrky 12-07-2006 02:02 AM

I'm gonna blame it on playing poker and drinking till 5:30, then getting up for work at 7:30, and working all day, then being up till now.

Yeah, I deserve to have my mancard revoked for this one. It's in the shredder.

Does it help if I was thinking of defending myself with a power tool?

Golden_Rhino 12-07-2006 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm gonna blame it on playing poker and drinking till 5:30, then getting up for work at 7:30, and working all day, then being up till now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, stop talking. Hopefully it will be forgotten.

edfurlong 12-07-2006 02:05 AM

You don't have a peep hole?

udbrky 12-07-2006 02:07 AM

I do, but it's always been kinda dirty and you can't really see out of it. so it doesn't do any good. I've never really needed it before now, and I've lived here for almost 3 years. I know if I'm not expecting someone, it's probably those stupid magazine salespeople and I just ignore the door.

Assani Fisher 12-07-2006 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I do, but it's always been kinda dirty and you can't really see out of it. so it doesn't do any good. I've never really needed it before now, and I've lived here for almost 3 years. I know if I'm not expecting someone, it's probably those stupid magazine salespeople and I just ignore the door.

[/ QUOTE ]

So wait....if a friend drops by unexpectedly you'd never know about it because you wouldn't have answered the door?

entertainme 12-07-2006 03:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh ffs. Tell me you are a girl? I am really not being sarcastic or trying to give you a hard time either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Us women have got men to wake up when stuff like this happens. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

The Poker Mom

jaydub 12-07-2006 03:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, stop talking. Hopefully it will be forgotten.

[/ QUOTE ]

Plus close your account and try to start over.

J