Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Turn decision, blind battle - AT (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=102761)

True 05-02-2006 02:50 PM

Turn decision, blind battle - AT

unknown raises on the button, sb folds and Hero 3-bets AT from the BB, unknown calls.

Flop - AQ4
Hero bets, unknown raises, Hero calls (planning to check/call down, he will bet every single hand for me to the river and I get an extra big bet from Q-x)

Turn - T
Hero checks, unknown bets, Hero raises

Logic here is, Q-x usually checks the river, so I wont win any more from him unless he has QT then I get paid, but now that I definitely have the best hand and don't mind a raise, we also get an extra BB when he calls down A-x hands

True

jbeckern6 05-02-2006 02:52 PM

Re: Turn decision, blind battle - AT

I think raise is important to protect your hand as well. In a blind battle, villain could easily have Kx and you need to charge for the gutshot as well

danzasmack 05-02-2006 03:01 PM

Your logic doesn't add up. You say you are planning to check/call down as he bets every hand. But then you say that he will check the river with Qx.

All things aside I think you played it fine, just your post isn't clear. You can either take the line you took here every time or you can c/r the turn as well. I think it's important to mix it up but most guy will call your turn c/r with a hand like JT or even 77 trying to spike you, so it's 2 bets either way.

milesdyson 05-02-2006 03:04 PM

what changed that made it so that he would bet the river with Qx when the flop was AQx but not when the turn was AQxT...? makes no sense.

i'd 3-bet the flop, but i dont mind the line you've taken. but i wouldnt care if the turn were a T or not.

jba 05-02-2006 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your logic doesn't add up. You say you are planning to check/call down as he bets every hand. But then you say that he will check the river with Qx.

[/ QUOTE ]

I read this as villain bets any ace and will fold to a 3bet with Qx.

I would play this the same way...

Leader 05-02-2006 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
planning to check/call down, he will bet every single hand for me to the river and I get an extra big bet from Q-x

[/ QUOTE ]

You're losing a sb when he would have called down a flop 3 bet with a worse hand though. I think he has a lot of worse aces here and some Q's. I also think he calls down some of the bigger Q's and doesn't bet the river with many of them after you call the flop raise and the turn. I don’t like b/c-c/c-c/c UI here. b/c-c/c-b/c is the closest thing to your line that I think is decent. I would 3-bet the flop and take it from there most of the time. I can’t see myself folding this hand here either. This hand is also somewhat limit dependent.

True 05-02-2006 03:11 PM

Sorry, I mean any hand that he would call here, he would bet for me anyway, except for Q-x on the river. I mean all A-x hands that may call down if I bet/3-bet, however Q-x will almost always fold.

True