Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Heads Up Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   NLCASH: JJ spot against a nit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=478677)

Jiganti 08-15-2007 10:40 PM

NLCASH: JJ spot against a nit

About 25-30 hands in and he hasn't been raising too much. I think it's safe to say that he is raising preflop with more than just big pairs and stuff but he definitely isn't aggressive. Perhaps calling him a nit is going too far, but he hasn't been loose. I'm playing my standard LAG style, I have made 3-bets and bet pot on the flop numerous times and he has yet to give me action.

Ultimate Bet
No Limit Hold'em Cash Game
$3/$6 Blinds
2 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

Hero (BB): $1,087.80
SB: $706.10

Preflop: Hero is dealt J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB raises to $18.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $54.00</font>, SB calls $36.00

Flop: ($108) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $108.00</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $216.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero- ???

KakiTee 08-15-2007 11:23 PM

Re: NLCASH: JJ spot against a nit

you're still only 30hands in and have no history, i like to flat call and get it in on all non T turns, as if he is really nitty he could be min raising for info with AT.

mayday4379 08-16-2007 12:13 AM

This could be a spade draw or a T that hit.

Since you're playing LAG, he's not putting you on an overpair. I think he's taking a stand with 88/99 or a spade draw. i'd probably call and push the turn or just push the flop.

Let me say, if i was holding JJ i'd play it different from what I suggested, but based on your opponents read of you being a Lag, i think its the correct play.

abcjnich 08-16-2007 12:51 AM

I play .5/1 and 1/2 hu but I think this is a push. I put his range on sets, TJ+, maybe 56s, and random draws and [censored]. He could also be easily doing this as a cheap bluff with missed overcards, in which case a push now is better than a stop-n-go.

Edgar_spadix 08-16-2007 05:04 AM

I dont like call and all in on turn here because too much cards make the board dangerous (A Q K, spades) so i'd just go all in or reraise on flop.

En Passant 08-16-2007 11:09 AM

Yeah, flat calling is bad. Its either push or fold.

Based on how you descibe him, I don't think he would make this play with just a flush draw. He would have to have a huge draw, such as an open ender w/ flush draw, and that would be the bottom of his rance.

Looks like he has a monster here. I would muck JJ pretty quickly.

Jiganti 08-17-2007 04:24 PM

I thought about it and reraised to commit him and he folded after thinking about it for a while.

cwar 08-17-2007 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Based on how you descibe him, I don't think he would make this play with just a flush draw. He would have to have a huge draw, such as an open ender w/ flush draw, and that would be the bottom of his rance.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you arent going to fold flat calling and planning to get it in on a safe turn is clearly the best play. I consider anything but a spade, A, or 8 a safe card.

mayday4379 08-17-2007 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would say with quite certantity, that no one plays a set like this with position and against a LAG on the flop.

MasterLJ 08-17-2007 10:02 PM

Overpair for one buy-in, shove.

The action does kinda suck, but he could have so many combo draws I think it's profitable to get it in here.