Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes MTT (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   Day 1 ME Hand - The Trouble With Small PPs (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=468479)

08-03-2007 01:55 PM

Day 1 ME Hand - The Trouble With Small PPs

Just back from the dinner break at 200/400/a50.

My table is mostly psychotic. There was one player who was previously providing most of the action, but he just busted out before the break losing about 150BBs with top pair. Before the round started, I asked where everyone was from at the table and the responses went something like this: "Germany, Sweden, Norway, Germany, England, England, Finland, Ireland, New Jersey."

Villain in the hand was NOT from Jersey, but seemed to be a good, solid TAG. He'd only played about 3 hands in 3 orbits.

Folded to Villain in the CO. He raises to 1500. Folded to me in the BB with 44 and about 14K behind (Villain covers with about 17K), I call.

Flop comes 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I check/call a bet of 2500 (thoughts on this?)

Turn comes a 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. There's 8700 in the pot, and I have 10K left.

I was planning to check/fold to another bet but this card was pretty interesting. What's the move?

Ian J 08-03-2007 01:58 PM

Re: Day 1 ME Hand - The Trouble With Small PPs

I would likely fold preflop because it's just an ugly spot on this type of flop so often. Also, there's no guarantee of getting your entire stack in if you flop a 4 because he raised from the back.

On the turn, I would lead all in just because it seems to be the least bad and you will almost surely have 8-10 outs a lot of the time if he has a hand he can call with.

betgo 08-03-2007 01:59 PM

Push preflop. Push the turn.

08-03-2007 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Push preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

Say what? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

djk123 08-03-2007 02:02 PM

I might even just c/f the flop, but i think c/c planning to c/f most turns is okay.

Hmmm. I'm not sure about the turn. I suppose you could shove, but that just seems to scream draw. In villain's spot when people make this shove on boards like this, I'm snap calling top pair. I would probably just check and fold if he bets.

Temp Hutter 08-03-2007 02:04 PM

I think you need to be more selective if you only have 14K behind.

Pushing the turn is not awful since villian is also short and your stack will cripple him. That and the raise and continuation bet don't really mean too much unless you have some read on him. I would not be in this hand this far, but I would probably push and let villain make the tough decision.

djk123 08-03-2007 02:08 PM

I think preflop is okay given we are in the BB and there are antes.

Requin 08-03-2007 02:10 PM

Easy PF fold no? I'd shove the turn.

betgo 08-03-2007 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Push preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

Say what? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
That's how I play. 2600 in the pot and push 14K. The guy raised from CO, so he might not have a big hand.

08-03-2007 04:36 PM

So half say the PF call is fine, half say it's an easy fold, and betgo says it's a shove. Glad we have some consensus here.

For those advocating a PF fold, how deep would you need to be to make it a call and/or what position would the PF raiser have to be in to make it a call?