Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Keyshawn (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=393023)

brettbrettr 05-01-2007 04:11 PM

Keyshawn

Its pretty funny that he loved the Jarrett pick and they cut him to make room for Jarrett. The guy can still play. Maybe he'll go to the Giants?

A10Chief 05-01-2007 04:43 PM

Re: Keyshawn

Yeah, it seems like every time the Panthers take a step forward (drafting Jarrett) they take a step back (cutting Keyshawn). Essentially they have the same receiving corps now as they did before the draft, except they lost a lot of leadership and experience. I don't agree with this move at all.

VarlosZ 05-01-2007 05:11 PM

Are they up against the cap, or did the front office just want to save a few million in expenses? In other words, is this a football decision (better to spend Keyshawn's money elsewhere), or a business decision (better to stick Keyshawn's money under the mattress)?

Degenerasian 05-01-2007 05:11 PM

Keyshawn needs to go back to the Jets.
We need him.

Poofler 05-01-2007 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are they up against the cap, or did the front office just want to save a few million in expenses? In other words, is this a football decision (better to spend Keyshawn's money elsewhere), or a business decision (better to stick Keyshawn's money under the mattress)?

[/ QUOTE ]

I want to know this too. I can't imagine DJ being as productive this year.

brettbrettr 05-01-2007 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Keyshawn needs to go back to the Jets.
We need him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Laverneus does a lot of the things he'd do. Its good to have 2 guys to go over the middle, make tough grabs, get killed and pop back up, but I don't know if we *need* him. He also run blocks very well, which is exciting.

They guy's very valuable, sure he'll find a lot of interest.

Needle77 05-01-2007 05:26 PM

I saw somewhere on this board that they paid Keyshawn money on the 2007 cap. The number was 3 million I believe. I can't see this as a smart move if they already paid keyshawn money under this year's cap. They had all of March to do this and they decide May 1st? Something is really odd about this situation. I can't see the Panthers just cutting him to cut him, there has to be something else involved.

**I'm under the impression they paid him 3 million towards this years cap. If I paid a player any amount of dollars I would want him in camp to see what he could do. If he can't do it in camp then I cut him, not May 1st.

Also someone in the know, are their June 1st cuts as well? Could he be a June 1st cut casualty?

THAY3R 05-01-2007 05:53 PM

During the draft he trashed the Panthers pretty bad a few times.

Poofler 05-01-2007 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
During the draft he trashed the Panthers pretty bad a few times.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I don't know if Carolina can control player appearances, but it didn't seem like the brightest idea for him to be doing that live broadcast. He trashed a few players that Carolina could have taken, like Leon hall. That would be an awkward training camp.

Spellmen 05-01-2007 05:59 PM

Needle, it was reported in NFL live that they paid him his 3M bonus, which I also assume counts against this years cap. This cut really doesn't make much sense to me. I'd like to see him on the 49ers