Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Student Life (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Official Law School Sucks Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=525108)

Riverman 10-17-2007 03:16 PM

Official Law School Sucks Thread

Dear 2+2:

Don't go to law school. If you go to a really good school and/or get good grades you will get a job that pays alot. You will be miserable at that job but you will not be able to quit because you will be heavily in debt.

If you miss out on BIGLAW you may do something interesting but you will be broke. More likely you will do something excruciatingly boring and still be broke.

And the worst part, you actually have to spend three years of your life in law school. Your classmates will suck- they will talk about nothing other than what job they want/got and classes they are in. Your classes will suck too. Remember that "interesting" undergrad course you took in Con Law? Yeah, get ready for Civil Procedure.

People told me not to do it, but I didn't listen (they make 160k right out of school, how bad can it be?) Do yourself a favor- unless you genuinely love reading and writing for most of the day, don't go.

keepitreal 10-17-2007 03:31 PM

Re: Official Law School Sucks Thread

torts! thats all i learned when my roommate was a first year.

XXXNoahXXX 10-17-2007 04:09 PM

1. There is a student life forum.

2. Personally I found my classes so far to be pretty interesting, and even when they aren't interesting you can choose to not go, or to show up and just browse the internet on your laptop.

3. Nobody should be paying full price for a non-top tier law school anyways, so as for that part, you could title this "dumb people suck."

4. There may be a higher than average percentage of douches in law school, but there are plenty of great people and nobody forces you to interact with them any more than you did people in your UG classes.

5. Nobody forces you to go to a big firm. Most good schools have LRAP (loan repayment assistance programs) for people that want to go into public interest law.

6. Even if big firm life is hell, I'll be able to pay off my loans after 3 years, then I will have a very marketable resume and will be able to get a great job with more reasonable hours.

SackUp 10-17-2007 04:22 PM

I really enjoyed law school and I enjoy being an attorney even more.

As with most things, both law school and being a lawyer are what you make of it.

istewart 10-17-2007 04:23 PM

IANAL

eviljeff 10-17-2007 04:58 PM

sounds like you've made some poor decisions in life. thanks for sharing.

Shilly 10-17-2007 06:00 PM

www.philalawyer.net

tarheeljks 10-17-2007 06:05 PM

so who should i listen to op or noah?

jesusarenque 10-17-2007 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really enjoyed law school and I enjoy being an attorney even more.

As with most things, both law school and being a lawyer are what you make of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lanzalot 10-17-2007 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

4. There is a higher than average percentage of douches in law school and that's besides your professors, but there are plenty of great people and nobody forces you to interact with them any more than you did people in your UG classes.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP. Otherwise well stated.