Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Davis/Blount for A. Walker/Doleac/Simien (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=530283)

lippy 10-24-2007 01:16 PM

Davis/Blount for A. Walker/Doleac/Simien

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3077037

I'm confused. Why on earth would the TWolves want to do this? The draft pick likely to be thrown in? Walker's contract doesn't expire for 4 years and he's not likely to get any better. Ricky's expires after this year.

I'm confused. I don't really understand NBA trade reasoning for the most part, but this doesn't seem very good.

lippy 10-24-2007 01:20 PM

Re: Davis/Blount for A. Walker/Doleac/Simien

I guess part of it is getting rid of Blount's ridiculous contract? It's similar to Antoine's for the next 3 and a year shorter.

Blount;
$6,737,500

$7,350,000

$7,962,500

Walker;

$8,547,000

$9,320,500

$10,094,000

$10,867,500

Doleac gets 3m expiring after this season. Simien is cheap.

lippy 10-24-2007 01:27 PM

Well apparently this is going to happen.

It'll be great watching the young nucleus of Foye/Brewer/Jefferson/McCants/Green/Gomes hustling down the court, playing D, etc and having Walker brick 38 3's a game.

lippy 10-24-2007 01:28 PM

While I'm at it, I might as well make the fourth post in my own thread that sucks anyway.

Billy Bibbit 10-24-2007 01:33 PM

I would assume that Walker will be bought out without ever touching the floor for the Wolves, just like Alonzo Mourning was by the Raptors.

It's just a salary move as Walker's contract seems to be a year shorter than Blount's. The Wolves are getting a 1st rounder too, so I guess they're banking on Miami being bad.

IrishHand 10-24-2007 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess part of it is getting rid of Blount's ridiculous contract? It's similar to Antoine's for the next 3 and a year shorter.

Blount;
$6,737,500
$7,350,000
$7,962,500

Walker;
$8,547,000
$9,320,500
$10,094,000 TEAM OPTION
$10,867,500 TEAM OPTION

[/ QUOTE ]
Corrected.

Walker and Blount's contracts are both awful, but Walker's comes off the cap sooner and is slightly less awful overall (~$18M to ~$22M). Doleac and Simien aren't guaranteed past this coming year.

Minny has too many guys at the wing spots (Foye, Brewer, Green, McCants, RDavis), so dumping Davis only lets them develop their kids faster - and this year is a wash for them most likely anyway. Plus, he's worn out his welcome in several other NBA cities, so he may well be the locker room cancer that he's been accused of.

Walker may well actually play for Minny imo. They could use a veteran player and though I think he's an awful guy to give minutes to on most teams, he does play hard and is very competitive. Why pay him $15M to go away when they can pay him $18M to actually give them something?

xorbie 10-24-2007 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would assume that Walker will be bought out without ever touching the floor for the Wolves, just like Alonzo Mourning was by the Raptors.

It's just a salary move as Walker's contract seems to be a year shorter than Blount's. The Wolves are getting a 1st rounder too, so I guess they're banking on Miami being bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be surprised if Miami does well. Could end up lottery.

lippy 10-24-2007 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be surprised if Miami does well. Could end up lottery.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hrm, Mark Blount for Michael Beasley. Sounds good. I like this trade!

BobboFitos 10-24-2007 02:39 PM

WOW did this actually happen? I'm so starved for NBA news!!!!!!!

BobboFitos 10-24-2007 02:44 PM

can anyone analyze this trade? I'm getting a headache thinking about it. i do know it will hurt ricky davis's fantasy value.