Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Stars has STEPS SNGs to the PCA (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=520840)

1p0kerboy 10-11-2007 03:20 PM

Stars has STEPS SNGs to the PCA

Checking them out now.

rwesty 10-11-2007 03:28 PM

Re: Stars has STEPS SNGs to the PCA

I love STEPS, turbos or regulars? Can you buyin with W$?

Could someone copy the details for us at work that can't view pokerstars?

1p0kerboy 10-11-2007 03:29 PM

Linky.

1p0kerboy 10-11-2007 03:30 PM

http://www.pokerstars.com/images/PCA2008steps.gif

1p0kerboy 10-11-2007 03:31 PM

PCA STEPS

PokerStars has a brand-new way for you to turn just a few dollars into a $12,000 PokerStars Caribbean Adventure package: Step Sit & Go satellites. PCA Steps start at an affordable $7.50 or 500 Frequent Player Points and go up from there. Place in the top two spots in any of the PCA Steps events and we’ll give you a ticket to the next step. Make it all the way to Step 6 and you’ll play in a two-table tournament that gives the top three finishers a $12,000 2008 PokerStars Caribbean Adventure package!

Even if you don’t win a ticket to the next Step, you might not walk away empty-handed. You stand a good chance of winning a ticket to the same or lower Step. You can start at any level you want, so get on the Steps today! Registration is available anytime; visit the “Events” > “PCA” lobby and choose “Sit & Go Satellites” to enter.

MicroBob 10-11-2007 03:35 PM

let us gogogogogogogogo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GSykes 10-11-2007 03:36 PM

wowowowowo BUSTO SOOOOON

1p0kerboy 10-11-2007 03:40 PM

Blind levels are 10 minutes.

grouchie 10-11-2007 03:43 PM

would be nice if you could sell higher level tickets

1p0kerboy 10-11-2007 03:45 PM

Rake seems very reasonable.

Step 1 is essentially a a $7+.50 SNG.

MicroBob 10-11-2007 03:45 PM

yeah, somehow I doubt they're going to allow that but I'm not really sure.

I assume that you get W$ at the final-level if you win more than one package.

1p0kerboy 10-11-2007 03:46 PM

What's going to happen if you are "stuck in the steps" somewhere when the promotion ends?

[Phill] 10-11-2007 03:50 PM

Anyone seen any fine print.

The key question is if i have like a dozen different tickets when this promo ends, what happens? Do i get the cash/W$ equiv or what?

MicroBob 10-11-2007 03:50 PM

that's the $64,000 Q.
Party handled that really badly and vaguely on their steps. One assumes that Stars will be somewhat more organized about this no matter what they do be it W$ or cash or equivilent tix for future steps of the EPT or WSOP variety or whatever.

edit:
follow up thought - if they do it as cash or W$ then conceiveably I could consider cleaning up at whatever level I'm comfortable with and just hording about 50 winning tickets and then waiting for the end of the promo to get the cash.
something like that anyway.
Not sure I would want to do that. And I certainly wouldn't try to do that without knowing for certain ahead of time what happens to the tickets after the qualification period is over.

MicroBob 10-11-2007 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What's going to happen if you are "stuck in the steps" somewhere when the promotion ends?

[/ QUOTE ]

also should be noted that there is practically no 'if' about this for many players. Obviously there should be plenty of leftover tickets out there.

1p0kerboy 10-11-2007 03:56 PM

From their website:

Important notes:

1. PCA Steps tickets are valid only for entry into PCA Steps tournaments.
2. PCA Steps tickets are not transferrable to other players.
3. PCA Steps tickets are not redeemable for cash or any other value.

You can check your balance of PCA Steps tickets via the PokerStars main lobby. Click “Requests” in the top menu bar and select “Tournament Tickets” to see your ticket inventory.

1p0kerboy 10-11-2007 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

also should be noted that there is practically no 'if' about this for many players. Obviously there should be plenty of leftover tickets out there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I'm going to need some clarification before I play any of these.

Skipbidder 10-11-2007 04:00 PM

They say that:
PCA Steps tickets are valid only for entry into PCA Steps tournaments.
PCA Steps tickets are not transferrable to other players.
PCA Steps tickets are not redeemable for cash or any other value.
This suggests that you are screwed if you are holding tickets when the thing ends.

They do explicitly say that if you win more than one seat, you get paid W$11,000 plus $1000 cash for additional seats.

I don't think I'll play unless they may it clear that I get tournament credit for tickets left over at the end.

MicroBob 10-11-2007 04:01 PM

I'm comfortable dorking around with 1 at a time.
But yeah, there's no way I'm going to leave myself with more than 1 leftover ticket until i find out what happens at the end. It doesn't seem to be covered in any of their fine-print stuff.

Henry17 10-11-2007 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That happened to me on Party. I was on the last step of the $100k steps when they cancelled it. I got the cash value. I assume the same will happen here.

[Phill] 10-11-2007 04:09 PM

Im donking around in a couple step 1s just to test the waters and do it just to say i did it.

But if i dont get something back with leftover tickets at the end of the promo ill be peeved and id imagine im not the only one - stars needs to clarify this asap.

Caldarooni 10-11-2007 04:25 PM

LOL at everyone thinking Stars would just eat the tickets and do nothing about it. I realize it needs to be clarified but what about the way Stars operates could lead anyone to such a conclusion?

1p0kerboy 10-11-2007 04:26 PM

Who concluded that?

MicroBob 10-11-2007 04:28 PM

calda - I agree. I'm really not that concerned about them just running away with the money.

But I would like to know what the plan is.
It's possible the tickets might only be carried over to the next PCA or something silly like that which could impact my decision.
Don't think they would do something this bad either but it is possible.
I would like some reassurance that if I get to a $2100 ticket or something that it won't be stuck in limbo until Sept or Oct of the following yr.

PokerStarsJeff 10-11-2007 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They say that:
This suggests that you are screwed if you are holding tickets when the thing ends.

They do explicitly say that if you win more than one seat, you get paid W$11,000 plus $1000 cash for additional seats.

I don't think I'll play unless they may it clear that I get tournament credit for tickets left over at the end.

[/ QUOTE ]

No one will lose any value they've won in a Stars satellite; we don't do things that way.

Having said that, we haven't decided yet what will become of unused tickets after the PCA promo ends. I can tell you that it's unlikely that we'll simply convert them to cash. Far more likely is that we'll roll them into a promotion for another series/event on the Events tab. In this way, the tickets are like W$... you can't cash them out, but we continue giving opportunities to use them.

Best Regards,

Jeff
PokerStars Game Security

PokerStarsJeff 10-11-2007 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
calda - I agree. I'm really not that concerned about them just running away with the money.

But I would like to know what the plan is.
It's possible the tickets might only be carried over to the next PCA or something silly like that which could impact my decision.
Don't think they would do something this bad either but it is possible.
I would like some reassurance that if I get to a $2100 ticket or something that it won't be stuck in limbo until Sept or Oct of the following yr.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bob, that I will guarantee. There will be no limbo.

You'll be able to use the value of unused tickets very shortly after the PCA promo ends, most likely in WSOP steps. After all, a PCA package and a WSOP package have the same $12,000 value....

Best Regards,

Jeff
PokerStars Game Security

1p0kerboy 10-11-2007 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
They say that:

[/ QUOTE ]

No one will lose any value they've won in a Stars satellite; we don't do things that way.

Having said that, we haven't decided yet what will become of unused tickets after the PCA promo ends. I can tell you that it's unlikely that we'll simply convert them to cash. Far more likely is that we'll roll them into a promotion for another series/event on the Events tab. In this way, the tickets are like W$... you can't cash them out, but we continue giving opportunities to use them.

Best Regards,

Jeff
PokerStars Game Security

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know that I would necessarily want my money "locked up" in a promotion this way, especially if I don't know when I can use them again or for what it is going to be for.

I'm gonna pass on this one but good luck to the rest of you guys.

HajiShirazu 10-11-2007 05:50 PM

I wish they would have super sats at $210 or something instead of/in addition to the very highest levels. I mean it's hard to want to play one of these when I know that my reward for running hot and cashing a few in a row is getting to play in a hugely -ev SNG with the top players in the world. It's just like the double shootouts but worse.

Cry Me A River 10-11-2007 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You'll be able to use the value of unused tickets very shortly after the PCA promo ends, most likely in WSOP steps. After all, a PCA package and a WSOP package have the same $12,000 value....

[/ QUOTE ]

I think if Stars is going to commit to having some sort of ongoing Steps promotion (basically) year round (be it PCA, APT, EPT, WSOP, WCOOP, whatever) and the tickets are always usable in any Steps series then I think this is very promissing. However, I think it would be a really good idea to try and lay out the Steps "schedule" for the next 6 months or year so people know what they're getting into.

And if I were you, I wouldn't limit it to just poker packages - If you want to stick to $12K value you kind of handcuff yourself a little bit, but you can still do a lot with that - Dream vacations, cars (particularly leases), apt in Vegas (etc) for a year, home theater/electronics packages, motorcycles, boats & pwc, etc.

hammond 10-11-2007 06:34 PM

hmmmm me likes cry me a river's idea, a pseudo $12k conceirge thingy !

ChipLeeder 10-11-2007 06:35 PM

Step 6 is 18 entries

Note that Step 6 is 18 entries for 3 Atlantis spots, all of the other steps are 9 entries. Its not mentioned in the diagram, but obvious if you add up the direct entry $$$'s

MicroBob 10-11-2007 06:42 PM

Re: Step 6 is 18 entries

Yeah, I thought that was kind of weird.
Curious how tough it's going to be to fill up those $2100 buy-in 2-table SNG's.

frostbrn 10-11-2007 06:44 PM

Please Please Please make turbo versions of these!

Solo Rounder 10-11-2007 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone seen any fine print.

The key question is if i have like a dozen different tickets when this promo ends, what happens? Do i get the cash/W$ equiv or what?

[/ QUOTE ]
Please explain why one would have so many tickets leftover when the promo ends, thanks.

Cry Me A River 10-11-2007 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Please explain why one would have so many tickets leftover when the promo ends, thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Multi-tabling.

WutRUTryin2Hit 10-11-2007 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think if Stars is going to commit to having some sort of ongoing Steps promotion (basically) year round (be it PCA, APT, EPT, WSOP, WCOOP, whatever) and the tickets are always usable in any Steps series then I think this is very promissing. However, I think it would be a really good idea to try and lay out the Steps "schedule" for the next 6 months or year so people know what they're getting into.

And if I were you, I wouldn't limit it to just poker packages - If you want to stick to $12K value you kind of handcuff yourself a little bit, but you can still do a lot with that - Dream vacations, cars (particularly leases), apt in Vegas (etc) for a year, home theater/electronics packages, motorcycles, boats & pwc, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an awesome, awesome idea. I swear if I could win a $12k vacation (or even 3K one) I'd grind like 8 hours a night at that, year round. Love this idea.

WutRUTryin2Hit 10-11-2007 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm curious too, this could probably be done mathematically since the tickets aren't cashable for anything other than the next step. Like if you count (or estimate) the number of the $7.50s will go off each day, and make an assumption that whenever anyone wins a ticket to the next step they use it within 24 (or pick another number) hours, you can probably figure out a baseline number of 2100s that will run (plus some extras because of people buying in directly).

Maurice 10-11-2007 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the 1st thing I noticed. I wonder if they will make a 9 player table, where winner gets the package, 2nd gets 4K and 3rd gets 2K.

hammond 10-11-2007 08:17 PM

feeeding off of what some have said in this thread and another...offerng turbos as well and being able to interchange between turbo and regular steps, plus having the 2 table AND 1 table choice for your final step, annnd $12K choices like vacation, ok Stars get to work and roll it all out

WutRUTryin2Hit 10-11-2007 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
feeeding off of what some have said in this thread and another...offerng turbos as well and being able to interchange between turbo and regular steps, plus having the 2 table AND 1 table choice for your final step, annnd $12K choices like vacation, ok Stars get to work and roll it all out

[/ QUOTE ]

Well it took them like 4 years to put in steps at all, so don't hold your breath haha.

But really, I have a feeling if they throw in TOO many options, they will dilute it and there were be 2 or 3 tracks that don't get enough traffic each, so none of the higher steps will fill. This is what happened on Party with WSOP steps last summer, they had the fast steps and the normal steps for WSOP, and neither did well.