Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   brag: car finally arrived (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=555701)

smolik75 11-27-2007 08:28 PM

Re: brag: car finally arrived

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
sexy! now slap a turbo on it!

[/ QUOTE ]
335 is already turbocharged

[/ QUOTE ]

oh. i just saw 5.8 0-100km/hr or something and that seemed slow for turbo. dint know

[/ QUOTE ]

its actually 0-60 in 4.8 in all the car mags. and you can slap a $1300 chip/ECU add on that will give it 60-70 more HP and 90-110lbft of torque instantly. once thats in, you are talking 0-60 in 4.5 or less and high 12's (with good traction) in the 1/4 mile. a sick fast car.

congrats, jfish, PM me for more chip info [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

There's no way that car runs a 4.8 0-60 unmodded. It's a nice looking car don't get me wrong, but it's not that fast.

http://www.bmwusa.com/vehicles/3/335...e/techdata.htm

If it ran a 4.8 it would be in m3 range and bmw would never allow that to happen. Granted we can shed off a few tenths and assume bmw is underrating the car on its website, but I still doubt it does 4.8 unmodded even though it has the stock turbo.

Don't want to sound like a hater I really like the ride.

TheMetetron 11-27-2007 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
fwiw I have a SEP and a fairly expensive car. It is possible to do both you know [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

jfish,

Nice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Retard alert. What is a "SEP"?

[/ QUOTE ]

SEP-IRA.

It's a retirement plan for self-employed individuals. For some reason, the maximum contributions per year aren't the usually $15k or whatever a 401k is, but rather $45k.

It's by far the greatest tax break that professional poker players can receive and I'd guess 90% of them don't have one.

It's for the USA if that wasn't clear. Non-US resident need not care about any of this.

thatpfunk 11-27-2007 08:31 PM

"personally, id rather take that car now than have 150k more when im 50. by then, 150k isnt going to be that much to me. "

qfballin

Clayton 11-27-2007 08:35 PM

Jfish,

BMW's are nice arent they? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

SABR42 11-27-2007 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If it ran a 4.8 it would be in m3 range and bmw would never allow that to happen.

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually the current 335 is almost as fast as the previous generation M3. And the 335 has much more low-end torque than the M3 due to the turbo.

BMW certainly can make their 3 series as good as the previous M3, because the NEW V8 400 hp M3 will be much faster...

derosnec 11-27-2007 08:42 PM

i don't like it when mommy and daddy fight

jek187 11-27-2007 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
sexy! now slap a turbo on it!

[/ QUOTE ]
335 is already turbocharged

[/ QUOTE ]

oh. i just saw 5.8 0-100km/hr or something and that seemed slow for turbo. dint know

[/ QUOTE ]

its actually 0-60 in 4.8 in all the car mags. and you can slap a $1300 chip/ECU add on that will give it 60-70 more HP and 90-110lbft of torque instantly. once thats in, you are talking 0-60 in 4.5 or less and high 12's (with good traction) in the 1/4 mile. a sick fast car.

congrats, jfish, PM me for more chip info [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

There's no way that car runs a 4.8 0-60 unmodded. It's a nice looking car don't get me wrong, but it's not that fast.

http://www.bmwusa.com/vehicles/3/335...e/techdata.htm

If it ran a 4.8 it would be in m3 range and bmw would never allow that to happen. Granted we can shed off a few tenths and assume bmw is underrating the car on its website, but I still doubt it does 4.8 unmodded even though it has the stock turbo.

Don't want to sound like a hater I really like the ride.

[/ QUOTE ]

From the 1st link: The 335i rips to 60 mph in 4.9 seconds, 0.1 second slower than the current M3’s time, and the quarter-mile falls in 13.6 seconds at 105 mph, same as an M3.

Edit: Sabr posted while I was hunting down links.

andyakb 11-27-2007 08:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
fwiw I have a SEP and a fairly expensive car. It is possible to do both you know [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

jfish,

Nice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Retard alert. What is a "SEP"?

[/ QUOTE ]

SEP-IRA.

It's a retirement plan for self-employed individuals. For some reason, the maximum contributions per year aren't the usually $15k or whatever a 401k is, but rather $45k.

It's by far the greatest tax break that professional poker players can receive and I'd guess 90% of them don't have one.

It's for the USA if that wasn't clear. Non-US resident need not care about any of this.

[/ QUOTE ]

By far? How is a SEP IRA "by far" better than a solo 401k?

MDMA 11-27-2007 08:52 PM

I.cannot.for.the.life.of.me.understand.how.Metetro n.has.not.yet.taken.his.own.life.

NoMeansYes_ 11-27-2007 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I.cannot.for.the.life.of.me.understand.how.Metetro n.has.not.yet.taken.his.own.life.

[/ QUOTE ]

why would the best msnl player in the world (south america) kill himself?