Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes MTT (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   Gross spot vs Scotty Nguyen in Macau ME (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=552717)

Todd Terry 11-23-2007 01:05 PM

Re: Gross spot vs Scotty Nguyen in Macau ME

I the turn is an instafold. He's betting into 3 players on the most draw heavy board possible, which means he has to have something, and there are still two people behind you.

s33w33d 11-23-2007 01:23 PM

I...

1) Don't see how you can fold
2) Don't see how he's showing you a hand you're beating

Somehow that makes sense to me...

ur2barredout 11-23-2007 02:26 PM

If Scotty has had more than two beers snap call if not turbo fold.

Bond18 11-23-2007 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, including how sober he was (entirely to my knowledge) would actually be an important piece of information.

The sick part is from watching him on TV he's not incapable of putting me on a draw on this board and having a weak hand/draw himself and pulling something like this, even though at that point he hadn't done anything really out of line.

IMO this is obv a fold/call situation.

Super nice/fun guy though. Also, his pre flop is surprisingly bad.

gobboboy 11-23-2007 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, including how sober he was (entirely to my knowledge) would actually be an important piece of information.

The sick part is from watching him on TV he's not incapable of putting me on a draw on this board and having a weak hand/draw himself and pulling something like this, even though at that point he hadn't done anything really out of line.

IMO this is obv a fold/call situation.

Super nice/fun guy though. Also, his pre flop is surprisingly bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF did he have.

Bakes 11-23-2007 02:40 PM

one vote for JTs, pwnage

ASPoker8 11-23-2007 03:17 PM

One thing I've noticed about live players is when they think you are bluffing, they don't call. They raise.

This is sort of hilarious and may or may not be true for Scotty, but its just worth noting that they dont understand that when we have polarized river ranges (or at least they think we do), they should call with marginal hands rather than raise to make us fold our bluffs.

Edit: Yes i'm being a stereotyping [censored]. Yes, this probably isn't true of Scotty.

TheNewf 11-23-2007 05:14 PM

I fold turn, as played I think you have to call w/ pot odds but obv don't expect to be good.

registrar 11-23-2007 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I fold turn

[/ QUOTE ]

Problem with that is that he's the PFR, he's probably not checking anything again on the turn (Bond's telling us that the two guys behind him are folding), we're in position. I mean, if we're not calling there, after that action, why are we calling pre? I don't know how the guy plays but he's not checking only the flops he wallops.

Hollywade 11-23-2007 05:37 PM

I'm anxious to see how this one turned out.