Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes MTT (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   Gross spot vs Scotty Nguyen in Macau ME (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=552717)

flyingmoose 11-23-2007 07:10 AM

Re: Gross spot vs Scotty Nguyen in Macau ME

I'd call for sure. You're getting 14:3 and we know Scotty's capable of some crazy [censored].

KneeCo 11-23-2007 08:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think folding is really terrible here

I'd just call..

[/ QUOTE ]

Rid Odds + he's aggro post-flop odds + capable of weird lines/bluffs + so many draws he can put you on on the turn.

registrar 11-23-2007 09:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
so many draws he can put you on on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is he raising if he puts us on a busted draw? Sure, he can get here with unpaired cards, but not that often and it's not really that worth his while trying to get us to fold 7+draw by check-min-raising.

TravestyFund 11-23-2007 10:38 AM

I really doubt Scotty's ever bluffing here, like you said, his post flop play is v solid. Think I'd fold.

gobboboy 11-23-2007 10:42 AM

I'd call here pretty quickly.

Todd Terry 11-23-2007 11:18 AM

I've played with Scotty a couple times. Every time I've seen him make a small or min-raise, pre or post-flop, he's had a huge hand. On the other side of the scale is a very weird line that doesn't make sense for any hand except 77. Very tough spot, in the absence of any other information, I'd fold.

Hattifnatt 11-23-2007 11:22 AM

if he had 77 he played the hand very well imo.

Eagles 11-23-2007 11:47 AM

I can't imagine folding this we need to be good 1:7. From Scotty's perspective this is an incredibly drawy board there's KJ, diamonds, 78, spades, J9 even AJ and they all missed so given his read on you(I dunno how old you are but your image could easily be aggro internet kid) he probably expects you to have air fairly often. I also wouldn't be shocked to see him show up with AA/KK/AQ here. I don't really love this spot but getting like 7:1 I don't think I can find a fold.

registrar 11-23-2007 11:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Call. Hate poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this best.

He's laying us huge odds to call with all of our made range.

I repeat, why is he raising if he's snapping off bluffs?

I think we have to call because it has to be a thin value bet from a worse hand often enough but I really don't think this is ever a bluff. What's he going to succeed in bluffing us off?

adanthar 11-23-2007 11:58 AM

I call but would be in the mildly to moderately surprised camp if I was good.