Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Need help with 3bet pots (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=542196)

HustlerLA 11-09-2007 02:32 PM

Need help with 3bet pots

I am primarily a live cash game player and have been making the transition to online. The biggest area of difference besides overall aggression is 3bet pots. I think this is an area that I need to improve. In live games 3bets are ussually done with very narrow ranges no matter what position. This is such a broad area so I will start with one hand that I wasnt sure about and ask for help.

NO current history, just sat at table, but I do have 300 hands on villain and he runs at 24/21/9. I remember him being very aggressive but dont know much about his ranges.
2/4 NL Fulll Tilt--No HH

Folded around to Hero on BTN with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
opens to $14.
Villain raises from SB to $44.
------- With no history is this a standard fold? I felt like based on his stats ATs was marginal against his 3betting range of a BTN raiser and opted to call since ATs plays decently after the flop in position.
Hero calls.
Pot $92, Flop K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Villain bets $61, Hero calls.
Pot $214, Turn is 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Villain bets $170. Hero folds.

Is this a viable line? What would be better?

Go_Blue88 11-09-2007 02:38 PM

Re: Need help with 3bet pots

just fold pf.

i'm not a fan of calling rr's with hands with reverse implied odds.

ArturiusX 11-09-2007 02:39 PM

Preflops pretty bad. Like, really really bad.

Bigmoney 11-09-2007 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Folded around to Hero on BTN with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
opens to $14.
Villain raises from SB to $44.
------- With no history is this a standard fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes

flop and turn are played fine

HustlerLA 11-09-2007 02:53 PM

thanks for the help

xorbie 11-09-2007 03:49 PM

yeah wow dont fold this PF to a 24/21 guy if hes at all active with 3bets.

what the hell are you guys calling with?

DanielDayLewis 11-09-2007 04:05 PM

you played this fine. Fold pf is possible with the right reads. there is not a better way to play it post flop.

MATT111 11-09-2007 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Given he doesnt feel comfortable post he should definitely fold pre. Even if he didn`t it would still be marginal but of course it`s not a bad call.

FionnMac 11-09-2007 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Preflops pretty bad. Like, really really bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf it's not too bad although i'd prob fold.

JackAll 11-09-2007 04:35 PM

xorbie says:
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I really hate AT. I assume AK/AQ/AJ are a fair chunk of his range, A9 and below are not, so A flops dominate us horribly adn we aren't improving often with 5 outs. JJ+ obv also owns us. I would rather call with 45s than ATs.

I think we need an overall plan here against these types.
I think flat calling with sc's/ssc's as well as big hands like TT-AA/AK/AQ (and others obv)

Then we can push flops when our sc's/ssc's when it hits a draw (which he folds flop ALOT if he 3-bets wide) as well as push big hands so we have balance.

But then again, you are obv lifetimes ahead of me. Maybe you can play ATs in a 3-bet pot well enough post flop to make calling ok. I definitely can't.