Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   How hard did he hit? AQs (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=547015)

StellarWind 11-15-2007 05:28 PM

How hard did he hit? AQs

5-handed. Hero is Button with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

Limp, limp, I raise, BB calls and the limpers call. Four to the flop for 8.5 SB.

Flop is A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I bet and all call. Four to the turn for 6.25 BB.

Turn is Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Only Cutoff calls this time. Cutoff is 36/7 preflop, passive and really tight on the flop, then the surviving hands LAG it up somewhat on the big streets. HU to the river for 8.5 BB.

River is 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Oops, I've been checkraised.

Now what?

Keepitsimple 11-15-2007 05:37 PM

Re: How hard did he hit? AQs

A9 just seems so extremely likely given that line so I would 3-bet.

mntbikr15 11-15-2007 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No way, I think this is a backdoor flush like >70 percent of the time.

In the middle of a match I three bet. When Im totally level headed I say call

rzk 11-15-2007 05:42 PM

i'd say he mostly has A9, Acxc,Kc5c,99 (discounted of course). against this range your only option is to call, as you have less than 50% equity. of course he has some other random stuff in there, but i doubt it can swing it to a raise.

whodaman 11-15-2007 06:05 PM

if you can't fold to a 4 bet you probably should just call.

since he was getting like 12-1 on the flop he could have anything.

Crusher19 11-15-2007 06:35 PM

its either 5 6 of clubs type of hand or A 9. hard say that A 9 doesnt put in a raise somewhere before this though, especially in a five handed game. i would just call and expect to see clubs more than two pair.

ILOVEPOKER929 11-15-2007 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No way, I think this is a backdoor flush like >70 percent of the time.

In the middle of a match I three bet. When Im totally level headed I say call

[/ QUOTE ]

Mntbikr's intuition is right. AcXc is totally logical here. We are an underdog to have the best hand in this spot so even 3bet/folding, with the assumption that villian always caps river with better hand than AQ, is a losing play.

Call and expect to lose is the only play on the river.

vmacosta 11-15-2007 09:12 PM

I count about 15-20 flush hands that can be discounted to varying degrees (conservative estimate would be 50% on average). Only 6 combos of A9. seems like an easy call.

whodaman 11-15-2007 09:46 PM

you guys really are narrowing his range way way way too much
he could have made any 2 pair(with a 9 in it), a flush with a lot of different combos, even a set with 99. He is a loose player who was getting like 12-1, he could have near any 2 after the flop.

Saying this looks a lot like A9 is laughable.

with all that said, its probably just a call based on combos

TheHip41 11-15-2007 09:54 PM

getting 4 bet on this river would make me want to die. and really, if you get 4 bet, you are winning about 1% of the time.

very easy call without a specific read.