Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Stud (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   (razz) bawling calldown (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=551535)

RustyBrooks 11-21-2007 03:23 PM

(razz) bawling calldown

Not just a crying call.

4th st convinced me that he had at best a 3 card hand, and possibly not a good one. I really hate the way the rest of the cards fell, but I want to know if this is a reasonable calldown.

Villain is very loose (61%) and goes to showdown a lot. He'd only been playing here about 50 hands when this happened so I don't have a lot of specific reads on him. I've kind of been splashing around with some crappy hands a bit, and winning with them.

Razz ($1/$2), Ante $0.20, Bring-In $0.25 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.60 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 2: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 4: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___completes

4th Street - (5.85 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises

5th Street - (5.93 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets

6th Street - (8.93 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls

River - (10.93 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___bets
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls

Total pot: (12.93 BB - $25.85)

ceegee 11-21-2007 03:49 PM

Re: (razz) bawling calldown

his weird style of play makes me raise 6th assuming he double paired. That's only with your read otherwise 9.9/10 I fold 6th.

Hamlet 11-21-2007 04:54 PM

Yeah, this is ugly. I think I go with one of my general rules on the river:

The pot's big, my opponent is really bad, I can imagine 3 cards that he could turn up that I beat, I call.

That said, I had to "imagine" real hard to find 3 cards for him down that don't beat you [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I hate Razz.

SGspecial 11-21-2007 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
his weird style of play makes me raise 6th assuming he double paired. That's only with your read otherwise 9.9/10 I fold 6th.

[/ QUOTE ]
C'mon, this has to be a level right? You guys really should open up a deck of cards and check out how many As are in there...

RustyBrooks 11-21-2007 05:03 PM

I do not think he paired the A. I count cards better than that.

I think he paired 4th and/or has something pretty bad in the hole. Actually given the cards that are out odds are kind of against him having paired I guess since we see 3 aces, 2 threes, and 2 fives.

On 6th I actually think I'm beat but possibly drawing live. So maybe that makes calling 7th pretty dumb. I have 5-8 outs at most and possibly just 1 or none. Reading this hand against makes me want to puke.

I'm getting 10:2 to call down. Is that way too thin to consider it? I'm getting 10:1 for the immediate call on 6th. Is calling that one and folding UI no good?

RustyBrooks 11-21-2007 05:04 PM

I know this probably seems like a dumb post, but I'm actually serious.

roggles 11-21-2007 05:24 PM

This is not that easy, and I don't know what to do.

Instead I am going to ask why you raise 4th

RustyBrooks 11-21-2007 05:28 PM

I don't believe his hand is better than mine on 4th, he just has an auto bet there. And if it's better than mine I'm not that far behind and the last freakin thing I want is the J to call and peel of a 6 or something. And if he calls, which he does, I'm making him put in extra money way behind, which I'll take also.

The key to 4th and 5th for me is that the guy who led doesn't re-raise and he checks 5th. I don't think he's tricky enough for that to mean he's leading me by the nose. Against a more careful/observant player I might be wary. But with a good 4 card hand, he is in no position to slowplay anyway.

Hi? 11-21-2007 07:24 PM

how positive are you he doesn't have a 4,6,7,8? I still think it's a call per player description but I think the analysis is a bit off.